April's Real Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nightmares, then and now

Over brekky this morning, Mom was saying she had a nitemare she hasn't had since around the early 80s. She sed, "Back in the 80s when I had this dream, I remember waking up @ 3:15 in the morning, with a snuffle and a grunt and a 'GZZOWK!' Then I woke up yr father w/an urgent 'John! Wake up! PLEASE, John!' And yr father said, 'Huh? Wha?' And I sat up, clutched the sheets 2 me, and told him, 'I had a terrible nitemare! I dreamt U had found another woman and were leaving me! I begged U! I pleaded, "Don't go, John!" But U laffed... and the 2 of U walked away and left me... ALONE!' Then I got up, put on my robe, and sed, 'And, now I'm so miserable, ...I can't sleep! (sniff)' And yr father sat up as I left the room, and he sed, 'Er... I'm sorry!'"

I sed, "That's terrible, Mom. So, U had this dream again?" And Mom was like, "Yes, and darned if it wasn't at 3:15 AM again. I've been awake ever since." I asked her if Dad apologized again, and she sed, "No, he told me that I had the memory of an elephant. Then he rolled over and went back 2 sleep. And I thot abt waking him up again, but instead I just let him sleep. Tho I've been awake ever since." I sed, "Well, U know, it's just a dream. When I'm babysitting Merrie or Robin or the Mayes kids, and one of 'em has a nitemare, I always say, 'Dreams R just stories yr mind makes up.' So, like, yr mind kinda made up a doozy, eh?" And Mom was all, "Yup." And I was like, "More apple-cinnamon-walnut muffins?" And Mom sed, "Yes. Then I'm going to call Liz and Mike and C if one of them can spend time w/me 2day. I really need the support of my children, and sumtymes it's so hard 2 have them living away from me like this!"

And I sed, "Hello! Kid who still lives w/U, giving U muffins and sympathetic ear!" And Mom sed, "Well, goodness, don't get all defensive now, in my hr of need!"

I think Mom's on her way over 2 Mike's place now. Or mayB Liz's. MayB she'll get in a 2fer.

Apes

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said…

    Let's face it, kiddo. If she were drowning, she'd sooner die than let you rescue her. That's because she's basically ungrateful and stupid. She'd rather listen to Mike boast about made up accomplishments that she can see herself contributing top than your real ones that were inpsired by someone else.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    sorry i haven't been posting 2day. mom remembered that she has a dream journal. and she's been reading from it. out loud. it's v. painful.

    apes

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said…

    Almost as painful as realizing you've been wasting so much of your time in a weak-ass garage band, you don't have any other sort of social life, right? Of course, even if you were to, say, realize that it had grown tiresome and wanted to see what else you could be, your mother would misinterpret your actions as towing the no-ambition party line.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home