April's Real Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

Guest Blogger: Waabshki-Nika

Hello, April's readers. Liz here. As some of you might remember from my comments before, I was undecided about whether to let any of you know my spirit name, and I certainly wasn't going to reveal it here on April's blog. But then I thought about it for a while and changed my mind. This is a matter of justice, or trying to fix a terrible injustice perpetrated against me, by my sadistic brother Michael. Somehow, and I don't know how, he got to Jesse. I don't know if it was something direct, or if he somehow hacked into those spirit waves that noble natives get when they have important dreams that do things like reveal spirit names, but either way, he's found a way to infect my life! And I didn't want to take the chance of having April write about this and possibly louse it up with her teenspeak and loose approach to facts (at times).

You see, I had just loaded up my plate at that feast being held in my honour, and I was contemplating thinking really hard about my spirit name, Waabshki-Nika. I thought, "'White Goose.' It means, 'I'll always return.'" Then I sat down next to Jesse, who was already digging into his meal, and I said, "Thank you for my name, Jesse. It's beautiful." Jesse told me, "When Mr. Crane said you should have a spirit name, I hoped that I would be the one it would come to. Then, I had a dream... And I knew your name would either be 'Waabshki-Nika' ... Or ... 'Kaad-Gnebig Njnaamod'." When I asked him "What does that mean?" little did I expect the response that made my throat clench, my stomach drop down into my lap, and my blood turn icy: "Lizard Breath." You could have knocked me over with a feather, April! With a feather! Never did I expect to hear that dreaded taunt, devised by our heinous brother all those year ago, coming from the innocent voice of Jesse Mukwa! It nearly ruined my evening! All those miles away, Michael nearly ruined my night, somehow, and I really want to get to the bottom of this.

I am so angry just thinking about this, that I have to stop now and rebottle that anger again, like Mom taught me. I'm going to do some of my deep-breathing exercises and will comment again later after I calm down.

Take care,

Elizabeth/Waabshki-Nika

5 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    I guess nobody wants to talk about this subject. I am not surprised. My latest guess is that somebody from this blog told Jesse about calling me you-know-what. As you remember Jesse has posted here sometimes and I bet that's how Mike or whatever blabbermouth who blabbed passed on the vile information to Jesse.

    I am going to talk to his Auntie Marg about taking away his access to the Internet. He is too young to be exposed to this kind of thing.

    Liz

    P.S.--I'm not really sure what 'contemplating' means. Do any of you? Paul came up to me right after Jesse said 'Lizardbreath' and said, "It looks like you are contemplating something." I said, "No, I am just repeating my spirit name and its meaning to myself over and over again. I'm going to try really hard not to forget it." Then Paul wrinkled his brow again in the way he does when he is impressed with my dedication to Native cultures.

    Liz

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Zandra Larson said…

    Dear Liz Patterson,
    I thought this was your sister's blog. My sister has a spirit name but she doesn't get all worked up about it. "Corpse That Walks" puts up with it all right and you should too.
    Charles Wallace Larson
    Ha, ha.
    Sandra, get a better password.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    hey, liz, here's the verb "to contemplate", via [dictionary.com].

    mike does use that "LB" nickname u don't like when he talks to or abt u here in his comments. so if jesse reads here, it wd make sense that mike is 2 blame, eh?

    careful, charles wallace, i have a feeling yr sis isn't gonna b happy 2 c yr post!

    apes

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Little sis. I think you must give this boy, Jesse Mukwa, his due. He is obviously someone who is particularly intuitive to be able to come to the same conclusion that I came to long ago about our beloved sister. Either that or he has simple gotten close enough to her to smell her breath and see her somewhat scaly skin. I hope someday Liz will learn about proper oral hygiene and stop rebelling against all those lessons Dad taught us about brushing, flossing and rinsing with mouthwash. I hope someday, Liz will learn about the use of skin lotions and creams. Maybe, the observation of this young lad, will be to our sister, like the small boy was to the Emperor of the The Emperor’s New Clothes, so she can make a change in her life that will be an improvement. After all, she is 25 now. You can only rebel for so long.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    Just a note to let you know we are off on tour. See you later!!

    Howard K.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home