April's Real Blog

Friday, September 21, 2007

If Mike were here

Last nite, Mike called in a panic cuz he realized he left out "a crucial element" of the story. And it was supposta B told in Merrie's bedroom. He sed that if he were here, he'd walk Merrie 2 the stairs while saying, "The one big problem w/the trip was that I had 4gotten Super Teddy!"" Then as they got 2 the doorway of her room, Mike was 2 say, "H was my absolute favourite toy, and I couldn't sleep w/out him." Merrie's line was, "I know." Then she was meant 2 sit on her bed, pick up a TV remote control, and say, "I can' sleep w/out Rags, Ditzy, Woggy, Blue Bell and Buttons." And when Mike sed, "Buttons?" Merrie was supposta hold out the remote control and say, "Yah! ...If I don'tlike a dream I'm having--I can change it!"

When I told Merrie all this, she asked, "Y wd I say that? That's dumb!" And I told her, "I guess Mom and Mike thot it sounded cute." She sed, "Auntie April, I was all ready 2 discuss the pix of Great-Gramps Jim and Mike talking abt his teddy." I sed, "Yeah, so was I. Is it our fault that 'Attic Guy' plans so poorly?" She shook her head. "No, and if he didn't plan so poorly, he wdn't have 4gotten Super Teddy either. I know he was little, but I plan better than that! And I'm younger than he was then." I sed, "U R. And U do."

Then Robin sed, "Wobbin feel neglected!" So we talked to him abt Elmo 4 a while.

Apes

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said…

    He ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he? Or the best writer, either. Imagine, having a child say something no one her age would ever even think of. I think half the time, Meredith is behaving like a real kid and your smug goofola of a brother is 'improving' her dialog, too stunned to realize he makes her come across as some kind of mature beyond her years freak.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, merrie sez she doesn't like when mike writes dialogue 4 her. can't say i blame her 4 that!

    dinner 2nite: falafels, stuffed grape leaves, hummus, lettuce, tomato, dipping sauces, and pita bread. yum!

    apes

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said…

    When Mikerobe and Deanna show up, of course, it's back to eating something out of a cardboard box. She hasn't got he time to cook real food and he doesn't have the brains even if he could be said to care.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, merrie sez she's totally gonna make xxcuses 2 get me 2 make food 4 her!

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home