April's Real Blog

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Poor Paul!

OMG, I feel embarrassed thinkin' abt how Mom, Dad an' I all acted when Paul was over for dinner, whenev that was. We were just asking one question after another, piling on, not even giving him a chance 2 breathe or think, let alone answer us. It was going like this:

Dad: So yr parents live in White River! What does yr father do?

Mom: Tell me abt yr mother. Does she have a career?

Me: What music do U like?

Dad: What made U decide 2 B-come a police officer? Where did U go 2 school?

Mom: Do U have NE brothers and sisters? What hobbiez do U have?

Dad: What do U think of the current political situation? Do U think the l8est gas prices R justified? [If U're so worried, Y'd U buy a gas-guzzling CrevASSe, Dad?]

Liz looked like she was thinking, "Oh well... @ least they're not asking NE embarrassing questions." And I wasn't gonna, I swear, but sumthing made me ask:

Me: R U and Elizabeth gonna get married?

Sorry, Liz! Sorry, Paul! I don't know what came over me, really I don't. I also had the feeling I looked esp. uggo @ that moment, like my forehead got shrunken, my nose got uglier, my head was all tube-shaped, and my prop-bun looked even dumber than usual.

I'd say what happed next, but this is already started 2 feel like it happed a long time ago, and mayB it kinda did. My mem'z all weird, and I have a feeling I won't remember what was next till I write 2morrow morning'z entry.

Becks, thanx 4 writing in yesterday. I'll follow yr advice and not eat NE of the IKEA food. Ger, pls thank yr Mom 4 her sympathetic note an' tell her I heard my Mom saying the Intermediate writing class starts Sat, July 8. I think it's a diff teacher, tho. Vicki'z mom got sum kinda grant 2 study the depiction of First-Nations peeps in North American popular culture and is gonna B on leave 4 a year.

Apes

5 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    I am so angry at you I don't even know what to say. Except that I am glad you have been looking kind of ugly lately. And your bun is even uglier than Mom's.

    Did you notice how I am wearing the long hair of loveliness right now? That's to keep Paul enchanted with my beauty during our long separation. That was some advice from Mom. That's probably also why you have to wear your hair in a bun and look ugly right now--so I will look even more beautiful by comparison in Paul's eyes. At least that's what I heard Mom saying on the phone late that night after the disastrous dinner. Something like "the Witch of Corbeil works in the usual, not-so-mysterious ways." I wonder what she meant by that?

    Anyway, I'm mad at you, and I want my red dress back.

    Liz

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    ok, liz, i'll give u the dress this wkend. sorry i upset u. like i sed, i don't know what came over me. it was like sum scary force was controlling me & i didn't even wanna say what is sed.

    apes

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    comment glitch = v. v. annoying!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Hmm. I guess I will have to accept your apology and explanation that you don't know why you said it because I know a Patterson cannot tell a lie so you must be telling the truth. I wonder what would make you do something like that? I was talking to Mom the other day and she told me not to worry because the "Good Witch of the North" is looking out for me. I giggled because it's funny that she remembers that was my favorite character from the Wizard of Oz! I felt less depressed right away. You can keep the dress.

    Liz

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    thanx, liz. sumtymez mom is v. v. afraid of that witch up north, but i guess they r getting along well theze days.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home