April's Real Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Twiddle, twiddle, twiddle?

If U followed yesterday's comments, U mite remember that while I spent the evening w/Ger, & then Ger an' I went 2 Becky's, Liz was home watching TV w/Mom. Here's what she had 2 say abt it in a comment she posted l8 last nite:
April,

You are so lucky you weren't here tonight, it was awful, seriously, it was the worst television watching marathon I have had with Mom since I got home and you know that's saying something because there have been a lot of them and she's usually doing something annoying, but tonight it was worse than ever.

Well I was already there watching the TV when Mom came in with two green mugs, hers was coffee but mine was my favorite, blue raspberry Kool-Aid, yum. You know I like Mom and I hope to be a lot like her, after all, you know we spent earlier today having a mother/daughter makeover where we went and bought the same brand of jeans and the same Matronwear sweater except in different colors and mine is a square neck, and then Mom showed me how to do a proper bun just like hers, I was so happy, Mom is my biggest role model.

But then it started to all go wrong, Mom told me I could borrow her pearl earrings, since she never wears them anymore, and I noticed right then that Mom probably should wear them, because she has been looking less feminine lately, ever since she gave up on wearing makeup, not that she ever wore very much, but I was looking in the mirror to put in the earrings and I saw Mom out of the corner of my eye and I almost jumped out of my skin, you could hardly see her eyes behind the glasses and her nose and chin were bigger than ever and I noticed she looked a lot like Dad with a bun.

Well I swore I was going to put it out of my mind and think good thoughts while I went to put on the Danielle Steel movie, like how Mom really is a woman and you can tell because she has a bun, and when she came in with the green mugs I was totally reassured to notice that she also has a very large round womanly butt, in fact it is so big it looks like two volleyballs stuffed in the back of her jeans, that's even better than J.Lo. But I was trying not to look at her face because every time I did, I just kept thinking to myself, manly manly manly manly manly, and I did not want to be thinking that, it isn't right, not about your own mother.

Anyway, Mom sat down on the couch and we started to watch the movie, and all of a sudden I was distracted from my thoughts about Mom, but not a good distraction, I suddenly felt like my cheeks and neck were all swelled up like I had the mumps or something. You know they hand out a flyer about mumps to us teachers, apparently it is kind of making a comeback, so I guess I am a little paranoid, but really, it was really weird, and I was about to yell, "Help, I think I have the mumps!" when suddenly I noticed that Mom was twiddling her finger on her chin, and that was weird, but at least it seemed to make the mumpy feeling go away.

Well I said to myself, "Don't look at Mom, look at the TV, look at the TV, don't look at Mom, if you look at Mom, you're going to think those bad thoughts again, you can't think thoughts like that, she's your Mom, not your Dad, she's your Mom, she looks just like you, she's a woman, not a man!" My eyes kind of glazed over and I felt like a zombie just staring at the TV like that but I had to, especially when Mom's chin started saying, "Twiddle twiddle twiddle," over and over again, it really freaked me out, so I kind of looked my eyes over at her without moving my head, and I felt my blood run cold, oh my God April, suddenly Mom looked just like Dad and Grandma Marian and Grandpa Jim all at the same time, and her chin was very clearly saying, "Twiddle, twiddle, twiddle..." and ohmigosh, I was paralyzed with fear!

And not just in the way people say where they don't mean it, I really was paralyzed, it was awful, just like a zombie, I couldn't stop looking, my head kind of turned to the side to look at Mom but the rest of me stayed totally still, my eyes were wide open in fear, and I was staring at Mom who had never looked scarier! She looked possessed, it was so freaky, now she looked like Dad and Grandma Marian and Grandpa Jim all at once, but like a ZOMBIE Dad and Grandma Marian and Grandpa Jim, and her chin was yelling "TWIDDLE TWIDDLE TWIDDLE TWIDDLE TWIDDLE!!" Mom was totally out of it, like a zombie, staring straight ahead as her thumb was messing with her chin, and I think she might of even been holding her breath, I was so scared, I think I was holding mine too.

Then I felt this thing rising up in my chest, I felt it go up and up and up from my stomach into my throat, I don't know what it was, maybe some kind of feeling or something, and then it just exploded out of me, I was so afraid and angry all at once, because when you look exactly like your Mom when she was your age you do not want to see her turn into a freaky man-woman with a gigantic talking chin!!

So I screamed, "MOTHER!!" it came out even before I realized it, and that seemed to break the spell, the twiddles kind of petered out and Mom kind of yelled, "WHAT?!" back, and she looked more like her old self again, in fact her chin almost totally disappeared, and I just flipped out.

I guess maybe I was so scared I got angry instead, and I yelled at her, "Would you just go to the bathroom and DEAL with that thing?!!!" So Mom stomped off to the bathroom and I ran and listened at the door because I wanted to hear how she was going to deal with her talking chin, but I heard her mumbling to herself and she was saying, "It's just a chin hair!" and then I was relieved, if it was just a chin hair that was talking, she can just pull it out, but then I suddenly had this all over body shiver of horror and disgust because Mom is growing a beard, that's how manly she is getting, and what if I end up like that someday?

I have to go now, when I yelled at Mom, one of my earrings flew off, and I have to go hunt in the couch cushions to find it before Mom finds out I lost it, besides, I want to give them back for her to wear, if I can get her to wear jewelry and makeup, it might help the problem.

Liz
Ew, facial hair! I am so saving up 4 electrolysis along w/my fund 4 lipo an' rhinoplasty!!! Liz, that's a crayzee-scary story, now I know Y U looked kinda shaken up when I got home last nite. MayB we shd got Mom sum nice new makeup 4 Xmas, like if it's a gift fr. us mayB she'll use it?

Apes

14 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Little sis. There are times when you should repeat stories the Lizardbreath tells you and there are times when you should not. I deeply regret having read your Blog entry this morning. As much as I love mom, I am very glad I don't live with her anymore, for reasons like the topic you brought up today. Ick, Ick, Ick.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    You are the nicest girl in Milborough and I used to think I would love living in the same house as you, where I could be your slightly older and special needs sister, like the girl on The Facts of Life. I don't think I have that dream anymore.

    Love,
    Shannon Lake

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    I am actually pretty happy you decided to tell this story instead of the story of what happened over at Becky's house last night, when your goofball boyfriend Gerald mentioned Rain Man to my father after I specifically told him not to. I am sure he regrets having done that now, as does everyone else. So, I have no regrets about you telling this story instead. Send your mom over to Sugar's Salon on Tuesday, and Marjee Mahaha will take care of your mother's facial hair issues. I hope to see you later today for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, i can't w8 2b grown-up, if i can yell @my mom the way ur sis yelled @ur mom. my mom wud ground me 4 a long tyme if i yelled @her like that. 'course i xxpect my mom wud prolly ground me 4 a long tyme, if i did that evn aftah i wuz 18. y iz ur sis like that? u wud think a skool teach wud have more respekt 4 her mom.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    liz sez it's okay 4 her 2 yell @ mom like that since mom has dun the same 2 us since 4evs.

    howard, i so wish yr dad's favourite part of rainman weren't "i definitely farted". an' i wish ger didn't think "don't mention rainman" had been sum kinda dare.

    apes

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dinner starts at 5, yo!

    becks

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    becks just called and asked me 2 come on over 2 get "briefed on logistics". i'm not sure what that's all abt, but i'm on my way 2 becky's house.

    apes

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, every1 is here. yikes. here is what has happened so far.

    well me an' howie got dressed really nice, he is wearing a suit an' tie an' i put on my most ladylike dress, an' we stood at the front door 2 greet peeps. mom wuz in the kitchen cooking an' yelling at dr. ted, who wuz standing in the bar making drinks 4 himself. mom kept yelling at ted 2 help, an' ted would say he wuz helping, he wuz the bartender. he had alreddy had like 4 slugs of johnnie walker gold label an' he wuz muttering sumthing abt how he needed lots of liquor 2 get thru this dinner. mom sed "i herd that!" an' sed she his mental health probs were 2 much 4 her 2 take on rite then. dr. ted sed "well then, just leave me and my friend johnnie alone!" an' mom sed "fine! get plastered! it's ur funeral!"

    howie's 'rents were sitting on the chesterfield. mrs. bunt sed "dr. mccaulay, i will pray 4 u," an' dr. ted sed "r u leaving 2 go 2 church? can i hitch a ride w/ u out of this hellhole?" an' mrs. bunt sed "no, the beautiful thing abt prayer is u can do it newhere." mr. bunt patted her hand an' sed "remember, dear, we made a agreement--u don't talk abt god, and i won't talk abt rain man."

    more later

    becks

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well then peeps started showing up. dad an' orque came first an' of course orque went str8 2 the bar. i thot that would bug dr. ted but he didn't care, he wuz alreddy half in the bag. he offered orque sum johnnie walker gold label but orque sed, "no thank u, dr. mccaulay. i brot u a host gift 2 thank u an' ms. mcguire 4 inviting me." orque gave ted a bottle of bombay gin. it still had a big red SALE tag on it but dr. ted didn't care. him an' orque broke it open an' made xxtra dry dirty martinis.

    dad of course wuz all abt showing me off. he went 2 mr. an' mrs. bunt an' sed "this is my daughter, becky-thora. have u met her yet? she's a music star. u r lucky 2 have won her 4 a future daughter-in-law." mr. an' mrs. bunt of course were very polite but dad kept on going. he sed "becky-thora is very talented. she is also healthy and fertile. she will give u many grandsons. hoskuld is lucky to marry such a woman." mr. an' mrs. bunt agreed but u could tell they were kinda freaked by dad. dad kept going. he sed "such a fine fiancee is a true prize. her brideprice will be very high." then i realized what dad wuz up 2 an' i sed "dad, not now!" an' dad sed "ur fafa is only doing what is rite by his dottir!" an' then he sed "i could give u a discount on the brideprice if i could get it now. it would help insure that becky-thora w8s 4 hoskuld 2 get out of prison."

    i realized there wuz no stopping dad so i went back 2 the door 2 help howie greet peeps. just as gramma hortense, uncle ralph, aunt mark, an' great uncle jethro were coming up the walk, suddenly there was this loud thwapping sound frum overhead, an' a big wind whipped up. we looked up an' there wuz a helicopter hovering ovah the house! well this freaked out gramma an' uncle jethro. gramma an' jethro whipped out their guns an' started shooting at the helicopter. it wuzn't until they stopped 2 reload that i managed 2 get them 2 understand it wuz just marjee an' warren showing up. that warren is rude, btw. he thinks he can land that helicopter newhere he wants, including in howie's tulip beds. marjee got out of the helicopter an' she looked rilly happy. i don't know y. warren looks doughier then evah. but at least that ho is not chasing my man nemore.

    well marjee went inside an' went rite up 2 howie's 'rents an' sed "hi, i'm howard's fake x-fiancee. or x-fake fiancee. whichever. hi." while they were buzy b-ing polite 2 marjee, i remembered that i didn't invite my own fake fiance 2 thanksgiving. i really need 2 remember 2 call him an' tell him it's off. i keep 4getting that.

    well, then arlene showed up in her van. in the passenger seat wuz bowser, her dog. the side door slid open an' 2 peeps kinda fell out. man r they wasted! 1 of them wuz rita begler. the other is a dude who looks like captain kangaroo, but he's all beat up an' his clothes r torn. they had a bottle of johnnie walker gold label that they were passing btween them, but it wuz almost empty. rita took the last swig an' sed "o no, r friend johnnie has 4saken us!" they laffed 4 awhile, then the captain kangaroo guy staggered over 2 arlene an' sed "gimme the keys, i hafta go find johnnie." i ran over an' told him that there wuz lots of johnnie wuz inside, an' rita sed "come on, aldo, let's go find 'im!" it took them awhile 2 stumble inside, but now rita an' aldo an' dr. ted an' orque r playing sum drinking game.

    more later

    becks

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger howard said…

    Well, the last persons to show up to Thanksgiving dinner were Becky's great aunt Jackie, sister to the already-arrived Jethro. She arrived in a cab mad as a hornet. She passed by me and Becky and went straight to Jethro, pointed a gun at him and said, "Jethro. How dare you leave me behind. Get ready for a lead sandwich." Jethro jumped to the side behind the chesterfield as Jackie fired 3 slugs into the wall. I jumped for her and Thorvald jumped for her. I missed, but Thorvald took her down and wrestled the gun out of her hand. Jackie said, "Why Thorvald. Do you have an extra gun in your pants, or are you just happy to see me again?" Thorvald said, "Extra gun." But it didn't matter Jackie had pinned him down and started sticking her tongue down his throat. My mother said to me, "And that is?" I said, "Becky's great aunt Jackie, from Becky's mother's side." My dad said, "I thought he was supposed to be gay." Becky's mom Krystle said, "He is. Kissing Jackie is one of his little Thanksgiving traditions. I am so glad I am not married to him. It was a lot harder to take when we were married." I said to them, "If you keep removing clothes like this, you should probably step into a bedroom. There are minors present." Thorvald said, "Good idea, Hoskuld." Then he and Jackie departed.

    As they left, Gerald's aunt Vinnie showed up. I greeted her at the door and gave her the bulletproof vest as she said, "Did I hear gunfire? Did I see a helicopter on the lawn? Sorry I am late." Gerald introduced her around as a breezie, earth mama. I told her I was happy to meet a member of Gerald's family who appeared to be relatively sane. She said, "As long as you're not playing loud music like that junk Gerald's garage band plays, then I lose my cool."

    Then we heard some shouting from around the pool area and I had to go and check it out. More later.

    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger howard said…

    Well the shouting around the pool area ended up being just Rita Begler, her friend Aldo, Dr. Ted McCaulay and Orque fighting over the rules of some drinking game. If I had known Johnny Walker was going to be so popular, I wouldn't have stocked all this Brennevin.

    On the way back from the pool, the phone rang and I entered Becky's bedroom where her dad and great aunt Jackie were getting busy and in my bedroom Warren Blackwood and Marjee Mahaha were getting busy. I could barely hear the person on the other side of the phone because it was so noisy. I said, "Can you keep it quiet?" No one paid me any attention. Then I said, "It's my lawyer, Mr. Benis on the phone, shut up!!!" Well, they got quiet then and I practically had to beat them off me trying to hear what Mr. Benis had to say.

    The good news is Mr. Benis got a delay of trial for some various reason. He said, "I thought I would call you at home and give you the good news." I said, "It's a holiday weekend, why are you calling now?" Mr. Benis said, "Howard. Milborough law can happen any day of the week. Besides, Thanksgiving was never a big holiday in Canada. Some of the biggest proponents of Canada completely ignore it, year after year, while trying to cater to the people in the States." I said that was a sad state of affairs. Mr. Benis agreed. Nevertheless I was ecstatic over the delay in trial.

    I went and told everyone about it. My parents were overjoyed, especially my mother. She said, "Howard. This proves the power of prayer. Thank you baby Jesus for giving my boy Howard a delay in trial." I would have to agree with her. I was very surprised about the delay. Becky's great uncle Jethro said, "This is great news. If you're out of jail long enough, you may be able to celebrate a proper Thanksgiving in November." Arlene said, "You're not going on about this again, are you Jethro? Howard just got a delay in trial." Jethro said, "You're right. I think I am going to go outside and shoot my gun off into the sky to celebrate." Arlene thought that was a fine idea and they went out and started shooting.

    Gerald's aunt Vinnie said, "That's enough for me. Howard. The dinner was great, but even with these bullet-proof vests, I don't think it is safe here for Gerald and me. Do you know where Gerald is?" I told her I didn't. So we looked for him, and that was when we found April and Gerald kissing in the broom closet. Gerald's aunt Vinny said, "Gerald! A broom closet!" Gerald said, "Yo. Yo. Yo. All the other rooms were claimed by the other members of Becky's posse." April looked a little embarrassed but not much. I said to her, "You really could have let me know, and I would have found a better place." April said, "It wouldn't have worked with Gerald trying to get street cred."

    About then I heard the sounds of dogs barking, so I had to check it out.

    More later.

    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger howard said…

    Well, the reason the dogs were barking was because Becky’s Aunt Arlene and Rita Beglar started making out and Rita’s friend Aldo started howling. Actually he was saying, “Nay”, so maybe he was imitating a horse. I said, “What are you doing Aldo?” He said, “I have once again been abandoned by a woman. First my wife, then my Mary, and now Rita; and I was pretty sure with my generous supply of alcohol Rita was going to be a keeper. I didn’t know she and this Arlene had a history. The naysayers are saying ‘Nay’ to Aldo again. I think I need to go for a drive.” I said, “Not in your condition. Stop that naying. You are upsetting the dogs.” Aldo said, “The dogs are not as upset as I am.”

    I was about to disagree with that when Arlene’s dog Bowzer decided to make my point for me. He jumped the fence of the dog run and was headed right for Aldo’s butt. Aldo screamed when Bowzer bit him, and soon he was running abound the pool yelling, “Call him off. Call him off.” I grabbed Bowzer, but it was too late. His actions had incited Freyfaxi so much, he tore through the fence and was headed for Aldo, with Zeus and Apollo close behind. I said, “Oh crap!” Aldo said, “It’s not my fault. Faced with those monsters, any man would be incontinent.” Well, it apparently had the desired effect, because Bowzer stopped barking and started whining. Freyfaxi, Zeus, and Apollo started running in the opposite direction. Even Arlene and Rita stopped kissing and said, “Howard. Did that come out of you?” I said, “Not me.” Aldo said, “I really want to take a car ride now.” I said, “No. Let me get you a change of clothes and maybe a bath. You smell like you have been riding in a car that went over a cliff.” Aldo said, “You have a remarkable sense of smell.”

    While I was preparing Aldo’s bath, Becky’s aunt Mark and uncle Ralph came in. They said, “Howard. A bubble bath and you didn’t invite us to join you.” I said, “The bath is for Aldo.” Mark said, “Oh he needs one.” Ralph said, “Why don’t you leaving the cleaning to us. We’ll make sure Aldo is sparkling clean. Besides, I think Becky wants you for something.”

    So, I left Ralph and Mark with Aldo to see what Becky wanted. More later.

    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Blogger howard said…

    Well, I found Becky and she was with Gramma Hortense. Gramma Hortense was lying on the ground with a big knife sticking out of her breast. I said, “Oh my God. Who stabbed Gramma Hortense?” Gramma Hortense said, “My own granddaughter did. I am cutting her out of my inheritance.” I was dumbstruck. Becky said, “Howard, it was an accident. I was cutting a piece of cake for myself when Gramma Hortense leaped on the cake screaming 'Save the chocolate for me!'” Gramma Hortense said, “Would you have saved me a piece otherwise?” Becky said, “Sure, Gramma. You just had to ask.” Gramma Hortense said, “That’s a good girl, but what’s wrong with you? Giving up chocolate cake. The way this future husband of yours cooks, I think I want to marry him.”

    Becky said, “That’s not happening. He’s mine.” Then she gave me this big kiss and I said, “Are you showing off for your Gramma?” Gramma said, “Not with kisses like that. She’s an amateur. Let me show you how it’s done.” Then she grabbed me and gave me easily the best kiss I have ever gotten from a grandmother with a big knife sticking out of her chest. After I recovered I said, “How are you even moving with that knife in your chest?” Becky said, “The reason why Gramma Hortense didn't get hurt by the big knife is that she got some of the world's first breast implants many, many years ago. They are made out of stainless steel and heavy-duty tire rubber.” Gramma Hortense said, “And they look great too. Take a look.” And she peeled off her shirt. I said, “Except for the knife sticking out of them, I would have to admit that is a fine pair.” Gramma Hortense said, “I like your fiancée, Becky. He knows good breasts when he sees them.”

    At this point, my mother walked into the kitchen, took one look at Gramma Hortense and fainted dead away. Fortunately, Orque was passed out on the floor beside Dr. Ted McCaulay and they cushioned my mother’s fall. I said, “Mom!" and ran over to her. I was afraid she had a stroke or something. She woke up and said, “Howard. Did you stab that old lady with the huge breasts?” I said, “Mom. I haven’t stabbed anyone in a very long time.” Mom said, “That’s good. Maybe you could get the knife out of the lady’s chest and ask her to put her dress back on.” I braced Gramma Hortense against the wall and pulled out the knife. The incision in her breast just sealed right shut. My mother said, “Those are like miracle breasts. Thank you baby Jesus. Her breasts are healed.” Gramma Hortense said, “I can’t tell you how many times those automatic puncture seals have really paid off. I highly recommend them. The best money I ever spent.” Becky said, “Can you show me how to kiss like that? I swear Howie’s toes were wiggling.” I said, “They were not.” Of course I was wrong. I wonder if there is some law about kissing your fiancée and your fiancée’s grandmother. I wonder why I didn’t feel more embarrassed doing it.

    We were in the middle of the kissing demonstration, when a soap-sudded Aldo, and soap-sudded Mark and Ralph went running through the house being chased by Becky's dad, Thorvald with a bar of soap. I said to Becky, “I don’t even want to know what that is about.” Becky said, “I’m with you there, Howie.” My dad walked in and said, “This Brennevin is great stuff. I have a sudden desire to swing an axe and sing Nordic songs. I am definitely taking some home when we leave. By the way, do you have any hats with pointed tops or horns?” I said, “There’s about 50 different kinds in the hall closet.” Dad said, “Thanks.” Mom said, “I better go with your father to make sure he doesn’t put on any hats that make him look like Satan.”

    Then Becky’s Aunt Jackie walked in the room with a full Pilgrim costume on. Becky said, “Not again.” More later

    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gosh i have so much 2 say, howie has told a lot of it, but i'm beat, i will tell more 2morrow.

    becks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home