April's Real Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Liz tries 2 school dad on doggie control

Here's sumthing Liz posted last nite, abt Dad and the dogz:
April,

Gosh it's a good thing I'm living at home, I can really help Mom out, and one thing I have noticed since she "retired" and is so busy running every charity and volunteer group in Milborough she doesn't have enough time to spend telling Dad how to do everyday things he's been doing a long time just a little bit better, like today for example, Dad took a book in the living room and kicked the dogs off the couch so he could stretch out and read and then he got up and left and of course the dogs jumped back on the couch and then Dad came back and had to throw them off again, and I thought it was weird because he didn't bring back any food or answer a phone call or anything, but I kind of forgot about it because Dad started reading again, but then after awhile he got up and left again, and the dogs got back on the couch, and he came back another time, and threw the dogs off the couch, and then I knew I couldn't just stand there staring at him anymore, I had to step in as only a Patterson/Richards woman can, I said, "Dad, there are more effective ways to keep the dogs off the couch!" and even though I really couldn't think of any,
I knew Mom would want me to tell Dad he was doing it all wrong, anyway, Dad said, "I know," and I thought phew! because then he wouldn't ask me for any ideas and I was in the clear, and then Dad laid down again and he said, "But this way, they keep it warm for me."

Then I asked him, "Why do you keep getting up and leaving the room, then coming back and not bringing anything?" and Dad said, "I am checking my bids on some model trains on eBay," and I said, "Oh, really, I didn't think you and Mom liked the Internet, I thought you thought it was scary," and Dad said, "That was before I noticed that even though the Internet is full of terrible information, it is also full of model train websites too," and I said, "That's interesting," and Dad said, "Hey, why are you standing around in here just staring at me for hours on end?" and I knew I couldn't tell the truth, which is spying on him for Mom, so I said, "Thinking hard about the trial," and that seemed to fool him.

When Mom came home and I told her what I did, she got all these tears in her eyes and she said, "I'm so proud of you, Elizabeth!" and then she said, "You're going to make some man a wonderful nag someday!" and then she hugged me and I said, "Don't you mean 'wife'?" and Mom said, "Same thing," and I was so happy because Mom hardly ever gives compliments on stuff she considers "her jobs," but then Mom told me some things I should have done to do a better job next time, so then I knew she didn't get replaced by a robot or a space alien or something.

Also you should know that Mom and I went and checked the computer and Dad's eBay screen name is perv4trainz and he has already bought at least $3000 worth of trains this month, I think he is out of control, I wanted to ask Sylvia for a 12 step program for trainaholics, but Mom says no, that Pattersons deal with problems through the strength of family, and I pointed out to her that we are all girls with poor upper arm strength and Mike has always been kind of soft and wimpy so we will never be strong enough to take Dad down and Mom patted my head and said, "I can see you still have much to learn, young Jedi," and then she giggled about how she knows all the hip young kid stuff everyone is into, Mom is so cool, we are really lucky.

Liz
I dunno, Liz, whenev Mom is proud of me abt sumthing, I get a lil nervous. But it hardly ever happs w/me. Dad's outta control w/the train stuff, eh?

I'm glad I went out 2 Funhaus in TO w/Zeremy, Dunc, an' Zandra last nite. I'm so zapped abt that scaree newz that I don't get 2 age past 16, that Jeremy Duncan heard on the radio. Gah, I hope it's not really true, but if it is, I've gotta fit in lotsa living B4 I'm stuck in time! Zeremy, thanx 4 sayin' I looked hott last nite. MayB I'll get 2 look hott more often since my world is ending. Or not. I dunno.

Apes

7 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Boozhoo (Hello).

    I read your writing quoting your sister talking about your noos (father) and your animoshish (dogs). I don’t think my sweet girl really cares if your animoshish (dogs) were on the couch (chesterfield). When she lived in Mtigwaki (Land of Trees), I do not think there were any pieces of furniture her cat Shiimsa had not been on, judging from the cat hair and other things Shiimsa left. I think it is because my sweet girl loves to tell people more effective ways of doing things, which is, as she wrote in her writings you quoted, a good practise for being a wiijiiwaagan (wife) or nishki (nag). Even in Mtigwaki (Land of Trees) wiijiiwaagan (wife) or nishki (nag) can both be used to describe a woman, but few Ojibway women would like to hear themselves called a nishki (nag). It was be an insult to them. I guess it one more thing which is different in the South than in the Northwest.

    As you may remember from my writings to you before, in Mtigwaki (Land of Trees), the people do not keep their animoshish (dogs) inside where they can get on their couch (chesterfield). They let their dogs wander in the streets. So, when my sweet girl lived in Mtigwaki (Land of Trees), it was hard for her to tell people more effective ways of doing things with their animoshish (dogs), because she could not tell which animoshish (dog) went with which person. I think she told me when she first moved there she tried tell the person who was standing closest to the animoshish (dog) a more effective ways of doing things with their animoshish (dog), but that did not work. One of the reasons I am so in love with your sister, is because she is always trying to make things better even though it is sometimes impossible. I think she will make me a good wiijiiwaagan (wife) or nishki (nag) someday.

    My friend Susan Dokis, whom I call Chipper was here this weekend to help me feel better after I was sick all week. She just left to go back to Mtigwaki (Land of Trees). It was a good visit, even though I spent most of my time eating and drinking things she was making to make me feel better, and gikinjigwen (snuggling). Chipper says there is nothing more healing to an Ojibway man than to gikinjigwen (snuggle) an Ojibway woman. I had my doubts about this method of healing, but my training is in law enforcement, not as a nenaandawi`iwed (healer). It worked. I felt better today and I think I am ready to go back to work tomorrow. Please tell your sister my thoughts are with her as she goes through this trial.

    Gi'-ga-wa-ba-min' na-gutch! (See you later!)
    Constable Paul Wright

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    I have this feeling this week may be my last week of freedom, and when I read what your sister wrote to you about your father today, I suddenly got this feeling your sister likes to see things imprisoned. You have told us before her method of dealing with her cat is to put it in a cat carrier, and although your sister did not specifically mention what the more effective ways to keep the dogs off the couch to dad would be, I have this suspicion that it involved dog cages or dog carriers. Since she seems to be interested in Anthony “Cage My Kid in the Basement” Caine, I also suspect she has similar thoughts about child-rearing methods. It occurred to me that since I am on the verge of doing prison time for doing not much more than grabbing your sister’s T-shirt, in order to convey enough menace to her, so that Anthony’s attack of me looked believable, that maybe your sister likes to put people or animals behind bars with little justification. It may be some kind of power or control thing going on her psyche.

    Where did this come from? I know with Kortney Krelbutz, who was caught falsifying cheques to cover misappropriation of the material at Lilliput’s, your mother wouldn’t even press charges against her. So, I don’t think this desire to imprison comes from your mother. And I honestly don’t see the pattern with any other of your relatives and I have met most of them. Was there some incident in your sister’s past that led to this desire to put things behind bars? I can’t remember you ever mentioning anything about something like that.

    I have spent most of the day preparing for departure to prison by the end of the week. What things of mine either Becky or her half-sister Marjee Mahaha can wear, I have given to them. The rest I gave away to charity. Then a lot of my keepsakes and collectibles I put into storage. I questioned Mr. Benis, my lawyer, about whether or not I should give them away too, and he said that just because no one will be aging after September, 2007, doesn’t mean time will not go on, and I will eventually get out of prison and can retrieve my things, and return to Becky. It has caused Becky and me to do some soul-searching as far as our relationship goes. We had planned to marry after she turned 18, but if she never turns 18, then we may press for her parents to allow us to marry after she turns 16, which is legal in Ontario, if you have the parents’ permission. Career-wise, staying 16 helps Becky, since she won’t have to worry about getting old and fat and being replaced by someone younger, which has been the downfall of many pop singers. On the other hand, she will probably always have a problem of being taken seriously, being perpetually young.

    In any case, my material possessions are all ready for the trial to finish and the verdict which, based on the bizarre antics of last week in the courtroom, are sure to be against me. I can’t wait for this week to be over, so I can find out how long my prison stay will be.

    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Little sis. Mom may be praising the Lizardbreath for nagging dad about the dogs, but let me assure you that being nagged by your wife or your daughter is not one of those things I enjoy. Deanna and I have had some long, emotional discussions about how much time I spend with my family and she is constantly nagging me about more effective ways to earn money than by working a steady job at Portrait Magazine. She seems to start every conversation we have with “Since I make enough money to pay all the bills except for gas and groceries…” For some reason, Deanna doesn’t want to face the fact that our second biggest expense, aside from apartment rent and apartment repairs, is the groceries. I don’t know why she thinks working freelance work would be steadier employment than Portrait Magazine, but she does. The constant nagging makes things tense around the house. But like Elizabeth criticizing dad, my daughter has begun to criticize me too. She said, “Daddy. You should give in to mommy. It makes her tense and tired all the time. It makes me wet my bed. It makes my brother irritable. It’s all your fault.” I like it when she compares the Kelpfroths downstairs to animals in the wild, but I don’t like it when my daughter blames me for things.

    I called dad to ask him about it, but all he would say is: “Give in to your wife. Humour your daughter. Throw the dogs off the couch. Remember those 3 things, and your life will be better. I know. I have the coffee cup scars on my head to prove it.” It’s hard to take Dad’s advice about something because, although he can predict the future with amazing accuracy in his monthly letters, he will go on a tangent about something like a Fisher Price "Looky-Chug-Chug" toy train, and make me doubt his sanity.

    In any case, I hope that when you finally marry your boyfriend Gerald, you will consider some other method than nagging to get the things you want from your husband.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, thanx 4 coming ovah 2 help me finish my homework i got b-hind in frum b-ing in the in-skool suspension 4 2½ weeks, due 2 wut happed during the gym jam. my mom thot it wuz hysterical wen u sed, “zeremy…there r more effective ways 2 write english essays.” mom had been sayin’ that 4 years 2 me, & thass y she kept gigglin’ wen u were xxplaining thingz 2 me. in case u couldn’t tell, mom rilly likes u, & she pretty much haz liked u evah since u came 2 visit me in hospital after that car hit me. i just ignore her wen she giggles like that.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    paul, actually "nag" is an insult down here, 2, @ least 2 normal ppl. my mother is not normal.

    howard, i'm not sure abt liz and imprisoning things, but since u ask, i'm wondering if mayB it comes fr. when i was little and she had 2 care 4 me a lot. i have a v. v. vague memory of liz yelling @ me 2 quit running around, and plunking me down in2 a playpen so she cd do sumthing else.

    apes

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    hey, u know what i'm starting 2 wonder, howard? mayB it's not really true that we're going 2 stop aging next fall. mayB what's really going 2 happen is that 4 sum reason, ppl will b obsessed w/talking abt all of us at the age we'll all b next yr, like those r the stories they will want 2 tell and hear. mayB we'll still get older, but i'll b all, "oh, yeah, i just remember yet another thing that happed when i was 16." or sumthing like that. just a feeling i have.

    apes

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    I suppose that's possible. But if it's true, you should have a really good year, so there are things that can be remembered. I am not sure what memorable things I am going to be able to do in prison, but I will think on it.

    Howard Bunt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home