April's Real Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Next bit of Liz-testimony

Here is Howard's l8est message abt Liz's court testimony:
April,

I think I have recovered enough from the fact your sister hates me, to tell you what happened next during her testimony during my trial. As you may remember, the judge was questioning your sister and was allowing her to testify via pictorial thought balloons.

The first picture was from the perspective of a fly on the ceiling. It looked like your sister was crumpled to the ground and I was trying to pick her up off the ground. I don’t know. It was from a pretty long distance. Your sister said to accompany this picture, “At first I thought he was joking…but he wasn’t.” This will be a confusing reference unless I remind you what I said just prior to that point. Your sister had said, “I’m pretty trustworthy.” And I responded with the pun, “Oh, you’re pretty, alright.” So, I guess your sister must have been thinking that my compliment to her appearance was a joke, and then she realized it wasn’t. I have to admit, I do find your sister attractive, thanks to her Patterson allure.

The next picture was pretty awful. I had my hands on your sister’s shoulders and she hit my forehead and put her hand in my face. You sister said to accompany this picture, “I fought with him. I begged him to let me go.” I whispered to my lawyer, Mr. Bunt, “Elizabeth didn’t really beg me. She told me. Pattersons don’t beg.” Mr. Bunt said, “With this thought balloon, I don’t think such subtle distinctions will make much of a difference.”

The next picture was even worse. Your sister had turned around and I had a hand on her shoulder and on her stomach, and she saying “Help!” It was a speech balloon in a pictorial thought balloon. I don’t know if I had seen one of those before. You sister said to accompany this picture, “I screamed for help. I thought no one could hear me. All the other employees were outside.” Mr. Benis said to me, “She just gave you proof your intent was not rape.” I said, “What do you mean?” Mr. Benis said, “There were other employees there who could have walked in on you. Whether you did or did not know about the arrival of Anthony Caine, you could not have been unaware that the other employees were there. What were you saying here?” I said, “Well, the dialogue I had been given to say was, ‘Whoa…she’s feisty! I like things a little rough!’, to show that I was being playful.” Mr. Benis said, “Good. We can use that.”

The next picture showed Anthony Caine on top of me tweaking my ear. I almost burst out laughing. I forgot how stupid it looks. Your sister said to accompany this picture, “But one of my friends was there. He pulled Howard away from me and pushed him to the ground.” I said to Mr. Benis, “You notice she left out the ear-tweaking.” Mr. Benis said, “Howard. You told me this looked ridiculous and it does. Did you really say, ‘Oww!’ with 2 “w”s? I said, “Yes.” That was a little embarrassing. I was pretty fat then, but if they see me now, as much as I have bulked up, they are going to want to see how Anthony Caine compares and when they do, they are really going to wonder.

The next picture was of Anthony blindly trying to find his glasses he got mangled when he dropped them on the floor. Your sister seemed to be helping him. Your sister said to accompany this picture, “I’ve known Anthony since grade school. He’s so easygoing…I never knew he could fight!” Mr. Benis said to Judge Patterlover, “How is the witness’ testimony about her childhood friend relevant? How is what she said relevant to this thought balloon picture?” Judge Patterlover said, “I’m asking the questions here, not some defence counsel lawyer. Continue on Miss Patterson.”

Then she pulled out baby pictures of Anthony to show to the court and some school projects they had worked on together when they were in school together. There was a nice picture of your sister and Anthony going to a school dance. They were passed around the courtroom, and people cooed over the pictures. When they made it back to the Judge Patterlover, he said, “Anthony looked a lot better without the moustache.” There were a few cries in the public benches which agreed with the Judge. I said to my lawyer, Mr. Benis, how long is this going to take?” Mr. Benis said, “From the looks of those scrapbooks, it could be a lot time.” And it was. I will tell you more tomorrow.

Howard Bunt
Thanx 4 posting that, Howard. What a bizarre trial this is turning out 2 B. Y, Y, Y is this turning in2 the Anthony show?

Apes

6 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elizabeth,

    Little sis. I must tell you that as your brother, I am very proud of what April via that scoundrel Howard Bunt is reporting about your conduct during your assault trial testimony. I don’t think there would be a dry eye in the house as you reported how Anthony Caine saved you from being raped, mutilated, tortured, murdered, or even worse by Howard. I think everyone in Milborough will realize that you surely owe Anthony a tremendous debt. After all, not every man would come to Lakeshore Landscaping at just the right time rescue you. That constable boyfriend of yours didn’t lift a finger to help you in your hour, hum, precise minutes of need, eh? Where was he? Probably up in the Northwest, gallivanting about in his police car, or arresting people, or eating coffee cake in a Northwestern café, ignoring your needs as usual. I am sure that after your testimony, both you and the rest of Milborough will see Anthony in a new light, a marital prospect kind of light.

    Sorry, I wasn’t there to support you at the trial, but Portrait Magazine is keeping me really busy, with our special “Divala: Life in Jail” issue and finishing my novel. Mom said I didn’t have to come, and she wasn’t sure if she would either. I think she wants you and Anthony to get as much alone time as possible, just in case he decides to get off his butt and ask you the question I know you want to hear. We are hope it comes soon. There’s not much time before the wedding season.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April and friends,

    Please stop calling my trial a bazaar, it totally isn't, we don't have games and rides or snakecharmers or gypsies or fortunetellers or anything like that, it is no fun, and also, don't make fun of me showing the photo album, people need to know who Anthony is in the official hierarchy set forth in the Patterson-Richards Accord of 1979, which is why Mom sent me to court with the photo album, she always knows just what to do.

    Mike, I heard some people talking in the courthouse and they sounded pretty disgusted about this whole Divala thing, especially because of that book she is writing, called "If I Did It," and the two-night special, a lot of the lawyers hanging around are saying it's very insensitive to the people she did bad fashion to, or whatever, and that she is just a whore for publicity, which has me worried, did you do sex stuff with her for her to get you to write an article, if so, I'm tattling to Dee, ugly brother!

    Liz

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elizabeth,

    Little sis. Let me assure you that I would never, ever consider having an improper relationship with Divala AKA Diedre Valerie Ambrose from Clumpton, Saskatchewan. On the one hand, doing the expose on her got me my current job and out of debt to Mom. On the other hand, I hate my job and I would rather work freelance all the time. It was Divala that kept me from doing freelance 100% of the time. Well, actually, now that I think about it, it was Deanna when she got pregnant with my daughter, which made me go for a job with a regular salary, instead of freelance.

    That’s beside the point. When I interviewed Divala in Japan in 2003, I only got ½ hour with her, and I can tell you that Michael Patterson takes a lot longer than that in the bedroom. Just unlacing my shoes and pulling the sweater over my head and unbuttoning my shirt would take more than ½ hour. Besides, Divala is an extremely unattractive woman, not like my wife, Deanna, or Martha McGuire or Rhetta Blum or the new front desk girl at Portrait Magazine who shows off her cleavage. I would never find any other woman attractive than Deanna, especially Divala.

    Don’t worry Lizardbreath. There is at least one man in our family who doesn’t leer at women other than his wife.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Michael, I told April what you wrote about Paul not being there to help Liz when Howard "went after" her. April wants me to remind you that Paul and Liz hadn't met yet.

    Eva

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    liz, wrote "bizarre," not "bazaar." they're 2 diff words.

    apes

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Okay, well, I still don't like that word bizarre, it sounds suspiciously French and sure enough I clicked your thingy and it's a French word, we don't use those in Ontario, except on the signs where we are legally forced to, Mom says it's un-Canadian, also, it's a mistake anyone could make, and on top of that, there is nothing weird about telling the jury about my relationship with Anthony, it helps them to understand how much of an amazing hero he is.

    Liz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home