April's Real Blog

Friday, August 05, 2005

Difference Between Uncle Danny and Dad

When I asked Uncle Danny about the farm being a hobby farm now, he gave me a straight answer! Even though we were walking by a horse. I know, a normal person wouldn't be shocked, but if this had been my Dad, U just know he woulda made a lame pun about hobbyhorses. Y'know, I'm kinda surprised that Uncle D says "an'" just like us kids. I didn't think any1 near my Mom & Dad's age did that.

Oh, I asked Aunt Bev how Dad became such a train freak. She totally rolled her eyes & said, "Oh, God, is he still into that?" She told me that when they were kids, Dad had a big train theme for one of his birthday parties. Grandma Carrie dressed him up as a train engineer, his cake had little toy trains on it, and he got a big train set as a prezzie. Also, Grandpa Bill made a big fuss about him that day, callin' him "my little engineer". Aunt Bev was laughing & saying she figured he'd have gotten over it by now. Also she said it could be worse, since Grandpa Bill's big hobby is collecting rocks.

I'll see what else I can find out for U all.

Apes out

6 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I...am so...upset,...April!

    I was in...your dad's...office yesterday...for...a checkup,...and my mom...was telling him how...I'm going to...be in...the Special...Olympics and I'm...in two events...now...and he got...this worried look on...his face and...he said he didn't...think special...needs kids...should be competitive with...each other. He said...it's wrong...to try to be...better than...someone else...and...it should be...enough for...us to just be who...we are.

    I was so...mad I almost...cried! And...I couldn't...even say...anything because...my mouth...was Novocained. Why would...he say that? (And...why did he...give me...Novocaine...for a...checkup?)

    P.S. I'm in...the 400...meter relay now...because someone...had to go...in for...surgery. I'm practicing...passing the baton...by grabbing it...out of...my dog's...mouth.

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    really? i figured that he got so into trains as a way 2 escape ur mom. i never would of guessed he was crazy like that even as a kid.

    good news about the "no puns" thing tho.

    lylas, becks

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    shan, don't listen 2 my dad about the competitive thing. he's like this w/every1, not just special-needs kids. I don't know what his dilly is, but just ignore him & do the best u can @ the special olympics.

    yup, becky, i guess it goes waaaay back. tho he prolly got even worse cuz of my mom.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shannon, he prolly novocaines all his patients so they can't talk back when he delivers his "wisdom."

    u know, u can be pretty cool sometimes. hope u win ur race.

    becks

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank...you, Becky.

    And...omigod...he did make...one of his...jokes...about "wisdom"...teeth! Ack!

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    oh, shannon, i m soooo sorry u had 2 hear 1 of my dad's bad jokes. mayB that's why he had 2 numb yr mouth. so the bad joke wdn't hurt as bad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home