April's Real Blog

Thursday, December 01, 2005

December Letters

OK, well, Mom didn't change my letter too much, this time but as usual, I'll clue U in on the changes. Mike soooo did not tell me abt that "great trick" of doing an outline 4 English paperz & then w8ing a few dayz 2 come back 2 it. I got that "great trick" fr. a composition book I have, which, actually, Liz bought me. Oh, & Dunc. Mom played up the drama on that 4 sum reason. I think she's decided Eva is, like, his "approved gf" since the Keesha thing didn't work out. What I'd originally written was that Dunc thinx Eva's nice an' has pretty eyez. Oh, also Ger is in my English* class. It's true that Eva & I teamed up on an interview thing, but Mom 4 sum reason decided that no1 I know fr. middle school is in that class.

And, on to Mom's letter. That "in cahoots with Duncan" thing? Same as above. And tell me this passage isn't bizarro, peeps:
I love seeing my son interact with his family. He and Deanna have a good partnership, and they clearly adore their children. For me, it's an opportunity to see how our parenting skills paid off- and I think we did quite well. Now, it's payback time! There's a certain amount of satisfaction in seeing a kid that you struggled with...struggling with his own!
Doesn't it seem sorta nasty she's so happy about the "struggle"? Oh, an' look @ her acting all like she doesn't know about Liz an' Paul d8ing, like she doesn't read Lizzie's letters. And, like, make changes, if she feelz like it. Oh, and check out this stuff she sez abt blogging:
So many of them keep websites; I find that really interesting. I used to hide my diary under a loose floorboard in my bedroom; these kids are posting theirs for the world to see because they want understanding so badly. Weblogs are a great outlet, but when the wrong people find them, look out! It's amazing how much personal drama is enacted in public over the Internet. And it's in a medium that people of my generation could scarcely have imagined (except for those who were working to bring it about). It's incredible
So, like, who clued in my Mom that there R blogz out there that Rn't just random pix & recipez, like my fake blog? Steph, was it U? Just pls don't tell her abt my real blog, K? I'll even pay 4 the next mannies if U'll just B kewl abt this!

Hey, funny Mom is worried abt keeping her grandkidz outta the dog food, but I guess it's OK if Gramps chomps on doggie biscuits. Speaking of which, flu? Ma doesn't want 2 admit she's punishing gramps 4 another Dixie havarti infraction.

Liz. More on how the Mtiggies R all nosy & don't give her & Paul NE privacy. But if U read here regularly, U knew that already.

Sob story from Mike abt Anthony. How judgmental is this?
Dad tells me that Anthony's marriage problems are taking a toll on him. He looks tired and he feels he's failed. Therese is busy traveling, taking courses and climbing up the corporate ladder. There's no glass ceiling as far as she's concerned - just mirrors, and she likes what she sees. Therese is a sharp woman who tried to be something she isn't. She wanted the stability of marriage but not the sameness. She never shared Anthony's vision of home and family, although for his sake she tried. Instead of talking things out and working toward a solution, she has become distant and more devoted to her career. She's rarely home these days and Anthony expects to have to make plans for a future without her.
But w8, instead of working toward a solution and talking thingz out w/Therese, wasn't Anthony whining 2 Liz about "I have no home" & "W8 4 me"? So how is Anthony superior? And how is Mike putting in crazy hours 4 his work better than when Therese does it? @ least, Mike finally admits Dee earns more $ than he does.

Dee wants U 2 practice gd hygiene, yo!

And just when U thot my dad couldn't B NE more boring than when he writes abt trainz, he has 2 prove U wrong by harping on tool kits. TOOL KITS? He thinx he shd give 'em as prezzies every yr so peeps won't want NE prezziez fr. him NEmore. Passive aggressive much, Dad? And he's so bored w/his life he's happy when he givez himself something 2 do by breaking the window so's he can use the tools.

Gramps an' Iris. Yeah, so I helped Iris w/shopping 4 her grandkids. It's nice that she enjoyed having lunch w/me @ the mall. & it was nice of her 2 say I'm well-informed abt WW2 & stuff.

LOL, so this month it was Mom's turn 2 write the pets' letter. But she totally makes it sound like I lied abt having "a mountain of homework" (allegedly?). Like I'd just make that up 2 get outta writing the st00pid pet letter. Yeah, Ma, whatevs. I guess it's nice that she sez I take gd care off Buttsy, but many peeps don't put 2 much stock in2 what Mom sez abt pet care!

Apes

* I mentioned this boo-boo 2 Steph, the web designer who helps my mom. She then re-edited my letter 2 say that Eva sits next 2 me in history class, an' that that is the class where no1 else I know fr. middle school has the same class I do. Only, that makes a whole new prob, cuz remember back in September when Becky sed that history isn't till second semester? Anyway, Eva an' I can't even remember which class we did our interview thingy 4. It mighta been French class. Eva & I R both in honours French, tho I switched 2 it a bit l8.

24 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, i thot u told me that u & eva were n history class 2gether. i don't have that class w/u so i dunno. u know sumtymez ur body changes & stuff. i noticed that sumtymes ur letters do the same thing. 1 moment they say english, which duzn't make ne sense & the next it sez history. wut iz that all about?

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rebeccah, there iz no way i am kissin' howie, either az a dog or a man. 4get it. i am not gay & i am not a zoophiliac. 'sidez hiz breath will b like dogfood. no way.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    jeremy, when the letterz 1st went up 2day, my letter sed i sat next 2 eva in english class. then i e-mailed steph the web designer, & she changed it 2 say "history class." but, like, do we even have history class this semester? remember becky's "history isn't til second semester" line?

    lol, abt dee an' mike, becks!

    apes

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rebeccah can get confuzed 'bout 2nd semester classes, particularly on the 1st day of the 1st semester of skool. just like she'z confuzed thinking i'm gonna kiss howard the dog. u know, wut wud alexandra say if she saw me kissin' on a dog?

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Apes, I no u said what u said becuz whenever u bring me up to ur mum, she just keeps going on and on abt how well I put my thick curly blonde hair up in such a nice tight bun that it looks braided and not curly or blonde so I totally understand Y u were lyin' in ur letter and didn't mention that u met me on the bus or NEthing about me except to point out that my parents R mixed races, like that's really important, and that u met me in History when that's totally not true because we met on the school bus. But Whatever. I don't even care.

    And don't even get me started about ur mum's letter. Cahoots with Duncan. I thought u were a friend not a dating service!

    AND, OMG, April. Give urself more credit. U shouldn't call urself a "Ho, Ho, Ho" just becuz u went to 2nd base with Gerald & every1 in school now nos abt it. U should pay less attention to r mum's opinion of u. She's wrecking ur self esteem.

    I'm sorry I'm mad. Still friends? Tell me later, I don't care right now.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Becky,

    As I am comfortable with my own sexuality, I do not mind kissing Howard the Dog. If it turns out I am his true love, then he will just have to live with disappointment, as my true love is a delicate April flower.

    See you at 3!

    Sincerely yours, Gerald

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Boozhoo (Hello). I felt good enough to walk outside, when your sister was at work. I went to Phil Goulais’ grocery to get some food. Phil said, “We have some hiking boots for sale, in case you want to go hiking.” I said, “I already have good hiking boots.” Phil said, “You shouldn’t use the same hiking boots more than once.” A few other people were there and they started laughing. I was confused.

    I went by the nursing station to have them check on my bandages. Vivian Crane was there. She checked my wounds. “Your injuries are healing well.” She said, “Soon you will be able to go hiking again.” One of the other ladies said, “If Elizabeth gets tired of hiking with you, I think I could do it. I love hiking.” The ladies all laughed. I was confused.

    As I was going back to Elizabeth’s apartment, I met Jesse Mukwa’s ninoshenh (aunt) Margaret and nimaamaa (mother). Margaret said, “When you go hiking with Elizabeth you should watch out for signs of bear.” I said, “We are always careful of animals when we hike.” Then she said, “I already know you are already careful with beaver.” Then the two ladies started laughing.

    Then I met Billy Strongblood. He said, “I can see and speak the truth. Weblogs are a great outlet, but when the wrong people find them, look out hikers!” Then he started laughing. I was not as confused this time. I think I must be more careful what I write to you.

    Gi'-ga-wa-ba-min' na-gutch! (See you later!)
    Constable Paul Wright

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rebeccah, swirlie away. 'less alexandra sez it's ok, i'm not kissin' howard. there'z no way i am his true love neway.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    eva, wtf, saying i lied? yeah, we saw ea other on the bus on the 1st day of school b4 we even had classes, but we didn't start sitting 2gether until after we'd done that interview thing in whatev class it is. & yr hair's not blonde? lk @ a pic, fer cryin' out loud!

    & the cahoots thing is totally my mom, as i xplained in my post.

    apes

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jeremy,
    I have Listerine in my locker -- I'm kind of a freak about fresh breath -- I'm rinsing after I kiss Howie (I was gonna say no but a.) Becky scares me and b.) it's Howie's life we're talking about). I just hope ... Never mind. So we'll kiss Howie (gag!) rinse and then kiss each other to try an' forget about having kissed Howie (gag!)

    What's up, I just saw Eva running up the hall crying? Oh I bet I know what it is. I'm gonna go bring her some Pamprin.

    Alex out.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    well, it looks like i'm not howard's tru luv (thanx 4 letting me have sum mouthwash, alex!).

    apes

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rebeccah, well that wuz disgustin'. not howard'z tru luv either, like that wuz a surprize. gotta rinse now.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops! Borrowed Becky's phone to post and forgot to change the user name.

    Gerald

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rebeccah, alexandra & i have sum thingz 2 do 2 help us 4get the howard kissin'. cu l8er.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I asked April if she would do some things with me to help me forget kissing Howard, but April says watching me French kiss a dog has turned her right off. Oh my, what a pickle! I was only trying to be thorough, my love!

    Worried, Gerald

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, i need sumthing 2 help me 4get seeing ger frenching a dog. i'm sorry, ger, but the scene keeps replaying in my head like an instant replay in a sports broadcast. help!

    apes

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, i'm so glad i didn't french howard. alexandra haz definitely helped me 2 4get whatevah it wuz.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Boozhoo (Hello). Your sister and I are having dinner with my family in Mtigwaki tonight. I hope that no one says the word “hiking.” After that, we will go to Bingo. Your sister volunteered to be a caller for tonight and is afraid that if she does not fulfill her obligations, people will assume that she and I are hiking.

    Gi'-ga-wa-ba-min' na-gutch! (See you later!)
    Constable Paul Wright

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    wow, becks, i hope u find howard's tru luv soon!

    alex, u & jeremy r both lucky jeremy didn't french howie-dog. :(

    apes

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, u shud prolly give geranium a chance. make sure hiz breath is gud, he duzn't have ne fleas frum howard, & there iz no dog hair on him or n between hiz teeth. 1ce u have done that, u shud feel ok 'bout kissin' him again...or mebbe not. anuthah idea iz that u cud take him 2c dixie & edgar & ask him if he wud rather kiss u or dixie or edgar. if he sez u, then there'z no problem, rite?

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    thanx 4 the idea, jeremy. ger is here now, so we'll try it.

    apes

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    so, like, it worked! 1st, ger passed the inspection. no fleas, no dog hair. breath? minty fresh. then i stood in a line-up w/ eddie an' dixie. ger sed it was no contest. totally wanted 2 kiss me. & i swear, dixie looked like she was sulking when ger sed that! so we made out a bit, but then mom was all, "this doesn't look like u're working on a geography project! u, gerald! home, now!" now mom's muttering stuff abt what "in like" meanz, as if that evr came fr. me 'steada her. whatevs, rite?

    apes

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    wow, becks! i can't believe my dad! whatta freek! i thot he was a lil off when he came stumblin' in singing about tiez an' toolkits 2nite. mom is way pissed @ him, & now i know y!

    i know it's disappointint that howard hasn't found his true luv, but it must b a relief that it wasn't gordo, anthony, or my dad!

    apes

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Boozhoo (Hello). Your sister and I had a nice evening. We went to have dinner with my family in Mtigwaki. They told your sister many embarrassing stories about me. Your sister thought they were very funny. I said to her, “I don’t know any embarrassing stories about you.” She said, “You will have to wait to meet my family to hear those stories.” My family said, “We know embarrassing stories about Elizabeth.” Then they told stories about your sister and her cat Shiimsa (little brother/sister of the animal world). There was one story where your sister could not get her cat into the animal carrier. She tried many ways and had to call Vivian Crane to help her. It was very funny. Then they mentioned “hiking.” I said, “Where did you hear about hiking?” My family said, “Jesse Mukwa read what you wrote in Ojibwe to Elizabeth, so he would not understand it. He showed it to his ninoseyag (aunt) Margaret. After that, everyone knew. There are no secrets in Mtigwaki (The Land of Trees).” They laughed. Your sister and I blushed. She said, “Jesse Mukwa again. And he said he wanted to be healer. He seems to be a trickster instead.” My family said, “Jesse is a trickster. He could be a healer. He got you your cat, when you were lonely. He set up your star gazing party to show off your teaching to the village.” Your sister was astonished at these words. From there we went to Bingo. I did not win.

    Gi'-ga-wa-ba-min' na-gutch! (See you later!)
    Constable Paul Wright

     

Post a Comment

<< Home