April's Real Blog

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Dad knows better, he sez

When she had her NYE hangover, Liz swears that 2 her, Dad's voice pretty much sounded like those Charlie Brown adults: "Wah-wah, wah-wah, wah-wah, wah!" At least until she had a pot's worth of coffee. But she's pretty sure he was yammering abt how he useta get 2gether w/his "old buds" over the holidayz "an' really tying 1 on!" W8, Liz! Dad sed an'? I thot only peeps under, like, 50 dropped the "D". Was he trying 2 B all cool & trendy? Is he gonna start saying "cube"? NEway, Liz also thinx he blah-blahed about partying all nite, laffing, dancing--"what gr8 timez those were!" Then, "I know better now." Yeah, I think he meanz he can't have a gr8, drunken time w/out driving a snowmobile in2 the side of a bldg & ending up in an Elly 12-step programme.

I'm not sure Y we were all, like, obsessed w/synonyms yesterday, but I think it's passed. I don't have the urge 2 use my thesaurus @ all 2day!

Liz sez she's ready 2 return Mike's laptop, good as new! "New" meaning w/the laptop wiped clean and reformatted, LOL! Unlike Mike, we know how 2 delete stuff 4 good. We found sum pretty interesting stuff, esp the stuff we undeleted. & the "hidden" filez. Liz will post sum deets when she has a chance. BTW, Mike had a list of potential "article" titles:

"Elly Patterson Puts the 'Grand' in 'Grandmother'"
"John Patterson Puts the 'Train' in 'ExTRAINeous'" (check sp.)
"Gordon and Tracey Puts the 'Mayes' in 'Amayesing'" (sp?)
"Martha McRae Puts the 'Ex' in 'Extraordinary'"
"Josef 'Weed' Weeder: He's not a stoner (anymore)"
"Carleen Stein: Don't you have something to DO, woman?"
"I don't search my baby sister's room unless I have a good reason, and besides, Mom said it was OK"
"Grampa Jim: Still Alive?"
"Connie to the left of them, Anne to the Right, There Mom is, Stuck in the Middle with Dad"

There are more, but U get the idea. ::puke::

So, like, Alex & her fam went 2 visit sum peeps in the States. & Eva went along. Ger & I R gonna go ice sk8ing again. We're gonna get 2 the rink around 1, in case NE1 feelz like sk8ing with us.

Apes

4 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dee, you might be interested to know about a deleted e-mail April recovered on Mike's laptop. It was from my mom, and it told Mike not to forget about the "strings" she "had to pull with the Johnston Institute". At the end, it said, "Delete this message after you read it!"

    Another mystery is why Mike sometimes writes like a complete illiterate, but at other times writes somewhat normally, though still cluelessly.

    Anyway, Dee, I'm going to stop by the pharmacy in a little while to drop off the laptop so you can give it back to Mike. Don't worry, we've backed up everything and backed up our backups, for safe keeping.

    Liz

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Boozhoo (Hello).

    I got an interesting call from your sister. She told me she is ready to pursue this partnership fully. I thought she was talking about me and her as the partnership, but then she asked me how often I had been talking to Shiimsa, her cat, since she had gone to Milborough. I said, “Shiimsa. What do you mean talk to Shiimsa?” She said I should phone Vivian and ask her to turn on the speaker phone so I could talk to Shiimsa and that it was very important for our future together that I was nice to her cat. So, when I call Shiimsa, do you know if there is something I should say? Is it a kind of family tradition to call your animals on the phone?

    Then she asked me what gift I had given Shiimsa for Christmas. She got the cat an electric water fountain. I told your sister I would give Shiimsa her Christmas present the next time I saw her. I told her it was a catnip toy. Then your sister said I should think about another gift. She did not want Shiimsa to get a catnip hangover. I told her I would get a different gift for Shiimsa. Based on what you know about your sister, do you have any suggestions, or would something not catnip be all right?

    Your sister also told me that some weekend; she wants me to drive her to White River so she can be formally introduced to my parents. I asked her when she wanted to go and she said, “Oh some weekend. I want time to prepare for a formal introduction.” My parents are not very formal and unless they have gotten a new pet lately, they don’t have any cats. Do you think this will be a problem?

    Please give my love to your sister, and let her know that I miss her, and I cannot wait for her to meet my parents, and I will be calling Shiimsa any minute now.

    Gi'-ga-wa-ba-min' na-gutch! (See you later!)
    Constable Paul Wright

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    I just got perhaps the strangest phone call I have ever received from my aunt and uncle. They reported seeing a spore lurking around their apartment complex playing the bagpipes. I told them to lay off the mushrooms, but they swear to me that it is the truth. I may have to take Becky up with me to visit them and do a little anti-fungal cleaning after work today.

    Becky said she was expecting her marks today. She is particularly worried about her marks in math because of something that happened when she was taking her math exam last year. She said something about a teacher who walked up and down between the rows, pacing a lot, during the exam. I haven’t quite got the details down, so maybe Becky can post something about it. She is currently checking on Krystle’s Kakes & Pies to make sure it is being run properly in her mother’s absence.

    Howard K.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, i cudn’t find u & ger ice-sk8ing (prolly cuz i didn’t know which rink), so i wen 2 ur mom’z store 2c if u were there. u weren’t there either, but the ladeez that work there were talkin’ ‘bout u. 1 of them sed, “can u imagine? elly thinks the ‘party nights’ we had all during december were successful cuz of april’s skill w/ cheese arrangement.” the othah 1 sed, “elly haz 2 say sumthin’ 2 compliment her daughter. aftah all, she wuz gonna give her husband that romantic weekend getaway 4 a xmas gift az april suggested, ‘till her husband mentioned that if they went outa town, april wud get n2 the booze.”

    the 1st 1 sed, “i h8 2 think elly haz lushes 4 daughterz, but every1 haz heard ‘bout how much drinkin’ her oldest daughter liz did ovah nye.” the othah 1 sed, “it is such a shame wen ur daughter haz sunk so low all u can say ‘bout her artistic skillz iz she can toss a salad like a pro or arrange cheese & crackers. i remembah wen april usedta have her own musical group.” the 1st 1 sed, “yes. wen i mentioned it 2 april, she just sed, ‘i don’t think the band is gonna happen. i have a pretty heavy semester coming up, & i've got my job here @the bookstore & my music lessons w/ mr. bergan.’” the othah 1 sed, “it’s so sad 2c sum1 w/so much talent spendin’ her tyme arrangin’ cheese & crackers.”

    neway. the ladeez have sum crazy ideas ‘bout u. mebbe u shuld tell them ‘bout ur yearbook stuff.

    man, i miss alexandra alreddy. i can’t w8 4 her 2 get back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home