April's Real Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mike and His Mirth Meander

Doodz, so did NE1 happen 2 catch Mike's l8est "Michael's Mirthful Meanderings" column in the Milborough Shopper? No? Well, I can't say I blame U. NEway, this is it:

Merry Merrie, Terrific Teddy

by

Michael Patterson

Picture this, my beloved readers. My blonde, bowl-cutted beauty of a wife and I are bundled to the hilt, sitting in the skating-rink stands, using coffee to warm our hands. In fact, she so wisely noted this after I so uxoriously brought them to her: "This is a great way to warm up our hands!" The depersonalized patter on the public address system droned to us: "Thank you, intermediate girls. . . That was lovely!" Then it irascibly introduced, "Now, Vince Winkle and Marilee Snypes will dance to a medley of Broadway show tunes." Darling dervish Deanna and I clutched our coats to us through the medley, through the "senior girls precision program." Our teeth chattered as we viewed the acrobatic skater Chenille Foisgras (her real name, we are assured). Finally, the announcer proclaimed the final programme of the day, one hundred and twenty minutes from when we first sat: "And. . . Now our junior skaters will perform to 'The Teddy Bear's Picnic'."

My Spunky Spouse and I let out a mighty cheer! Our merry Meredith and her mates skated out in their bear suits, and my little bear was the cutest cub of the bunch! Afterwards, I had a thought, and I daresay it was profound, gentle readers: "Love is: Sitting in an arenda for two hours... So you can watch your daughter for two minutes!"

After our glorious time at the rink, I hugged my wonderful wife, squeezed my darling daughter, waved to my rambunctious Robin (retrieved from the sitter), and ascended to my attic, where the deadlines awaited, undaunted. The sacrifices we make for our loved ones.

Dee sent me the column in an e-mail, and her note said,
'April'!

I can't believe I actually got your 'brother' to leave his attic long enough to watch 'Merrie' skate! I must say I was floored. Of course, he's practically breaking his 'arm' patting himself on the back about his two hours, while I've been attending every single practice Merrie and her fellow bears have had. But, I must say, 'Michael' and I had a moment of perfect syncronization. Somehow, when 'he' had that "Love is" thought? I had the exact same thought at the same time! Unbelievable!

Be 'well',

'Dee'
& there U have it!

Peeps, I hope I won't B goin' on & on abt myself again 2morrow & the rest of the week. I M going 2 try really hard 2 focus on other ppl/subjs, but sumtymez it seemz like other forces, like mayB the onez that control my hair, also influence the topics I focus on?

Dunc, I'm glad U liked the poem I made 4 Kimmi's card. I'll post it separately since this entry is already so long! D00d, I wish I cd get U out of that traffic study Mr. Malkmus is forcing U 2 do. That's just so mean!

Apes

4 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DEAR FAUSTUS,

    I RECEIVED YOUR PICTURES. I MUST SAY YOU ARE QUITE THE STUDMUFFIN. MAYBE WE COULD GET TOGETHER SOMETIME AND PLAY "SLASH THE MOUNTIE."

    HA HA, NO, SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ABOUT THE CONVENIENCE OF KEEPING EXTRA LITTLE HUMAN FRIENDS AROUND TO DO YOUR BIDDING. I AM CONSIDERING IT.

    MAYBE WE CAN MAKE A DATE THE NEXT TIME I'M IN MILBOROUGH? THAT DIMWIT APRIL CAN SET IT UP.

    BY THE WAY, I PREFER THAT YOU CALL ME BY MY SINGULAR NAME, "ANGRA MAINYU." ONLY TOOPIDS CALL ME "SHIIMSA."

    AFFECTIONATELY, ANGRA MAINYU

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Hey, Apes! My rents took me 2 the Malkmuses this am 4 my "trip 2 Disney World." My 'rents wanted 2 c us off @ the airport but Mr Malkmus told them that he had a surprise 4 them hed made them reservations @ Perigee 4 the jazz Sunday brunch. So my 'rents left an' now Im truly boned. Turns out the Malkmuses r rilly going 2 Disney World but there not leaving till 2morrow am. Mr Malkmus said I had 2 stay in the guest room all day but no way. I left him a note 2 leave the door unlocked 4 me an' I climbed out the window. Im @ the GO station w8ing 4 Zandra 2 meet me.

    L8r.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    MY DEAREST ANGRA MAINYU,

    I TRUST THAT YOU WILL FORGIVE MY CRUDE BEHAVIOUR IN ADDRESSING YOU BY YOUR THOOPID NAME. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN, I ASSURE YOU. I LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING "SLASH THE MOUNTIE" WITH YOU. PERHAPS WE COULD SAVOUR THE SWEETBREADS TOGETHER WHILE GAZING INTO EACH OTHER'S EYES?

    YOUR DEVOTED FAUSTUS

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DEAR FAUSTUS,

    MMM, SWEETBREADS ARE MY FAVORITE! YOU ARE SUCH A ROMANTIC. AFTERWARDS, MAYBE WE CAN LICK EACH OTHER'S EARS.

    YOU ARE SO LUCKY THAT YOUR LITTLE HUMAN FRIENDS GAVE YOU A DIGNIFIED NAME LIKE "FAUSTUS." I GOT STUCK WITH SUCH A LAME NAME. "LITTLE ANIMAL FRIEND" MY ASS!

    LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR RENDEZVOUS,
    ANGRA MAINYU

     

Post a Comment

<< Home