April's Real Blog

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Liz is Anxious

Here's a message Liz posted in last nite's comments:
I tried petting Shiimsa to calm down, but I just couldn't. I can't stop thinking about what happened after school on Susan's teaching day.

As we left, Susan said it was really hard to teach so many different grades in one class. I told her she did a great job, but I was feeling sort of weird about it. Kind of like a cross between jealousy and suspicion. Then Susan asked me, "Do you think so?" like she needed even more reassurance.

So I said, "Sure! This job is not for everyone." And then I started to freak out again as I realize, She's perfect! Gary could easily use Susan to replace me!

And I think Susan is in on the plan to get rid of me! Then she asked, "You've done this for a couple of years now, Elizabeth...Have you got any good advice?" Like she was planning on taking over my job tomorrow or something!

So I just started saying things that I thought would make her not want the job. I said, "Let's see...you've got to be well-disciplined..." Which I said because I thought it would make her feel like she couldn't do it. You know, most people do not think of themselves as being very rigid and organized. And heck, I'm not very well-disciplined! Whenever I feel like it, I just scrap the lessons and show DVDS or play Bingo or whatever!

But before I could say anything else to discourage her, Jesse threw a snowball and whacked Susan in the head! I think he must have caught on to Gary's secret plan and wants to scare Susan away from Mtigwaki. So, I caught him and said I would discipline him, and warned Susan that she would need to know how to discipline well, to make her think the Mtigwaki kids were horrible little hellions. I even put on a closed-eyed, serene, know-it-all Patterson face. But then, when Susan turned her back, I slipped Jesse a $5 bill.

I seriously think Gary is planning to replace me! Just because I don't know Ojibway! Or maybe he's mad that I'm dating a Native boy! What should I do? Should I break up with Paul? Or take a crash course in Ojibway? Both? Neither?

I asked Shiimsa her advice. She said, "YOU STUPID LITTLE HUMAN FRIEND, GARY WILL NEVER FIRE YOU! HE IS HOT FOR YOUR BODY! HE WANTS TO GET IN YOUR PANTS! NOW HE KNOWS YOU ARE HOT FOR THE RED MAN, HE'S GOING TO PUT THE MOVES ON YOU!"

I am so confused!

Liz
Paul posted that she doesn't need 2 worry, as his Mtigwaki relliez tell him Lizzie's the best teacher they've ever had. For example, Jesse showing up half the time & paying attention 1/2 the time is, like, a major achievement.

Becks is psyched abt the supper club her dad's gonna B opening so she can perform regularly. The Valhalla. We were IM-ing back & forth a bit last nite & we decided it'd B fun 2 do sum figure sk8ing like we used 2 do more often. So we're gonna meet @ the rink by the mall, 1:00, then do sum shopping afterwards.

Dee, I can C Y life w/Mike wd drive U 2 germaphobia. & Liz, I M sooooo w/U when it's time 2 testify abt Mike's so-called mental st8!

Apes

12 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Hey, Apes! I'm going 2 Horny Ts erly so I can read the lettr I just got fr Kimmi b4 Zandra gets there. Oh, yah, mayB I shld review my lines 2 I dont want Zandra 2 get rilly pissed @ me.

    L8r.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    dunc, that's prolly a gd idea. i heard zandra got that guy who's playing macbeth 2 cry when he flubbed his lines @ yr last rehearsal! & he's supposedly a thug.

    apes

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Boozhoo (Hello).

    I read your writings about your sister, the student teacher Susan Dokis, and little Jesse Mukwa’s snowball. If you were to throw a snowball and hit a teacher in the head at your school, you would receive a severe punishment. Things are different with the Ojibway, and your sister has learned to adjust. That is one of the things that makes her a great teacher.

    The Anishinabe way of disciplining children is based on Education and persuasion by the use of Ojibway legends to teach proper behaviour, Scaring frequently using the bear as an example of something that will happen in a dangerous place, Teasing and ridicule by mentioning a great legend of the Ojibway and pointing out how the child is behaving in the same way as a character in the legend, and Shunning by not speaking to the person being disciplined.

    There are many Anishinabe who remember that when the Ojibway society was intact (before Whites came), they did not need jails and prisons. They did not need any “force” in their discipline and they had no “crime problem.” Since I work for the Ontario Provincial Police, I know this and I try to balance my Ojibway teachings from my mother with the laws of the Province.

    Many Anishinabe consider compulsory education in White schools to be a sort of punishment. The Anishinabe do not have the same expectations of educational excellence as Whites. They want a normal, happy child who is allowed to be who they are and to be guided with understanding. For this reason, they are not concerned with what would be considered truancy where you live. I tell you all these things so that you can understand that while you might expect Jesse Mukwa to receive a severe punishment, he will not. Your sister understands the Ojibway way. It is another reason I love her, like I do.


    Gi'-ga-wa-ba-min' na-gutch! (See you later!)
    Constable Paul Wright

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    duncan, good luck w/zandra. 1 of thoze z-girlz asked me 4 comp ticks 4 the sisters of mercy playing @ kool haus march 10, & i 4got which 1 it wuz. all thoze z-girlz look alike 2 me. ask zandra if she wuz the 1 who wunted thoze comp ticks, eh? thanx.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Oh man oh man oh man! I havent read ne of my lines Ive bn reading Kimmis letter ovah an' ovah. The Sister loved Howie's poem so much that she had copies framed an' hung up in evry dorm room @ the Catholic military reform skool. Kimmi says the Sister thinks I mite b a saint sumday. (Sorry, Howie, the Sister thinks I rote the poem so I guess u r rilly the saint.) An' Kimmi says shes got a vacation but she didnt say when shell b home. Ill hafta rite 2 her 2morrow an' find out when.

    Zandra just foned 2 c if I was going 2 b on time she says she has 2 catch the 3:06 pm GO 'cos she has an appt in Toronto @ 4 pm. I told her Im here already so shes coming ovah now.

    L8r.

    p.s. Apes, that rumour abt Zandra an' Macbeth isnt tru she didnt make him cry she just made him wimper alot.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    d00d, ppl exaggerate everything! i'll bet if zandra had really made the guy cry, the rumour wd b that she, like, pulled a knife on him or, like, knocked him out, eh?

    becks is showing a v. cute university boy her axel jumps. he seemz impressed!

    gtg

    apes

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger howard said…

    Duncan,

    Given my experiences with the Catholic church, you can keep the sainthood. Besides, St. Duncan of Milborough sounds better than St. Howard.

    Howard K.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, glad 2 hear rebeccah iz showin' off 2 v. cute university boys her sk8ing moves. last nite, her dad threw me out & then this. i think the ritin' iz on the wall wut's comin'. ic xxplodin' clownz n my future.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    don't worry, jeremy. becks likes the attention, but when the uni guy started hitting on her, she told him 2 get lost. neway, we r @ the foodcourt @ the mall now.

    apes

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jesse gots a noo gurlfriend. jesse's noo gurlfriend, she's name is miss dokis. miss dokis bake jesse cookeys?

    jesse

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Oh, man. I showed Zandra Kimmis lettr an' Zandra said Kimmi rote that she has a vocation not a vacation. I feel so st00pid. An' rilly bummed.

    Yr mom called r house 2nite 2 say goodbye I didnt no they were leaving so soon. She said that shed miss me an' that shed bring me a nice prezzie. My dad shut the door 2 the choochoo room an' said hes spending the next 2 Sundays @ matinees in jazz clubs in TO. My mom gave me $50 an' now shes in the jacuzzi blasting 96.3 thru the house so I no shes rilly happy 2.

    L8r.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    dunc, u r lucky u got a call. all i got was a lousy note! when i got back from hangin' w/becks, they were gone & there was a note sayin' they'd left 4 their trip already. like "surprise". i didn't know, either, d00d! connie came by & gave me pizza $. she'z pretty cube.

    wd u believe becky's dad tracked us down @ the mall & gave her a list of icelandic songs he wants her 2 learn 4 the club? becks was pissed cuz she wants 2 do her own kinda music, & mr. mcguire was all, "my club, my decision, becky-thora!" they were still arguing abt it when they dropped me off @ my (empty) house.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home