April's Real Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dunc asked me 2 B nice, yo!

Dunc wants me 2 B nice abt the book in case it sellz a lot an' Mike endz up needing an opening act, like MCDunC, if the PM in Calgary invites him 2 do I reading. Mm, I dunno, abt all that, Dunc, an' I think I laid in on kinda thick.

U C, Mom an' Mike were @ the kitchen table staring @ that manuscript of his, and I came over, eating an apple, acting like I didn't already know all abt it: "What R U guyz working on?" I totally hafta stop talking w/my mouth fulla food, but I guess I was concentr8ing on being nice, like Dunc asked. Mom was all, "The outline 4 a book." And me, laying it on all thick, and partly channelling Dad's associate Everett not-Elliot Callahan, "WHOA! Like a real book? W/pagez an' a story an' everything?!!" LOL, that sounded way stoopid, I know, but I went on, "Hooo! that is so totally cool! What's it about?" Girl please, like I don't read every1's monthly letters an' all. Mike was, like, "It's not so EZ 2 xxplain, April. We're making a few changez 2 the beginning, so the ending will B...." I cdn't bear listening 2 this line o' yammering, so I cut him off, all "That's OK. I'll w8 'til it's a best seller!" Mom told him, "U can take that as a compliment. ...It lacked sarcasm." Ha, it only lacked sarcasm cuz it was full of ACTING, Mom, ACTING! Well, U owe me, Dunc! U buying the dbl-dbls next time we hit Horny T's?

Apes

5 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Hi Apes! Sorry it's been sooo long since I've been here, but me & Gordie have had a crazee summer, as u know. I'm glad u liked the postcard I sent u from Amsterdam. He was dq'd n the 2nd round of the sk8boarding championship there, but we still had hella fun. It was cool being his official "photojournalist"-I hope Thrasher likes my pix of the games.

    My mom knows someone who knows someone @ the Milborough Meddler who got me a job as a photographer for the summer, but I totally don't wanna go outside rite now. I thot it would be fun 2 get a tan the summer w/o upping my chances of skin cancer, so I bought some Estee Lauder self-tanning cream & slathered it all over. Now my skin is brite orange. :-S It's been this way 4 the past 2 weeks. I feel like such a freakazoid. I'd like 2 meet up w/u @ Horny Tim's, but maybe I should wait until after dark when it's harder 2 see.

    I did run n2 ur mom over a month ago @ Starbucks, & she was nice 2 me, but I couldn't quite tell what she was saying since she was chewing this humungoid blueberry muffin. It'd suck if forces beyond ur control were giving u bad manners....lol. Oh well, talk soon!

    Vicks

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Hey, Apes,

    Sorry I owe u a dbl dbl 4 sure & Ill throw in a maple dip 2. Ive had 2 switch off 2 ice capps, its 2 hot 4 dbl dbls 2day.

    I dunno nemore abt opening 4 the book tour. Zed has a rilly bad feeling abt yr mom "helping" Mike w/ the book & I have a rilly bad feeling abt yr mom micromanaging MCDunC if shes on tour. So its cube w/ me if u decide 2 diss Mike & the book.

    L8r.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    phew, dunc, that's a relief. cuz mike's book idea really sux eggs! actually an iced capp does sound better if u don't mind me switching over.

    vicks, sorry 2 hear abt yr bad exp. w/the tanning lotion!

    apes

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    Little Sis, you can't fool me! Enthusiasm like that can't be faked. But I understand you want to look cool in front of your friends, so I'll play along. ::wink::

    We're lucky to have such a clever mother, eh? What with her years of experience working in an actual bookstore, she really knows about writing!

    Love,

    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    whatevs, mike, u tell yrself what u need 2, 2 get thru yr day.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home