April's Real Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Mom needs to get a refund fr. the photog class!

K, so remember how I told U that Liz, Mike, Dee, Merrie, and Robin were all over 4 a picnic lunch yesterday? Well, after we'd finished eating lunch, Mom went and got her digital camera she'z been using 4 her course, and she was all, "OK, every1! Group shot! She got us posed, all "Closer, closer...Umm, John, get in the middle w/Mike. Closer... Closer." She had Liz holding Merrie (the 1st time since Merrie was around 5 or 6 months old!), then Dad to Liz's left and kinda behind her, then Mike sorta in front/2 Dad's left, Dee, scrunched in overlapping Mike's left shoulder while holding Robin, like, under his armpits, feet dangling, me in front of Mike an' Dee (Mike sort of resting his right-hand fingertips on my shoulders), and Eddie betw Liz an' me. I was havin' one of my short dayz, my head not even reaching up 2 Mike's shoulderz, so I'm sure I looked abt 11. Can I ever B in a family foto an' not look like I'm still pre-pubescent? Erg. Well, I did a lame little "peace" sign w/my rite hand, trying 2 take my mind offa being so friggin' short again. Oh, and Dixie wasn't there cuz she'z on punishment. No picnic privviez.

So, NEway, Mom was all, "SMILE!" Then she was, like, "Whoa! I don't have the setting rite. OK...Can U get the dog in there again? That's it! Hold it.... Hold it...Smile!" Then, "No, w8....I want 2 turn off the flash 1st.. Ummm.... There!" Then, "OK, Smile...SMIIIIILE! I don't know Y it's not taking the picture...." Then, "SMIIIILE... Move back, April.. W8... Now.... SMIIIIIIIILE!" Then she took the picture with a big CLICK and moments l8r, she was looking @ the image in her camera, all, "Darn. Every1 alwayz looks so 'unnatural' in my pictures." And Dad shot her a dirty look when she sed that. I think he was thinking abt the $ she wasted taking that foto class, since after all that, she still can't fig out howta work her camera properly.

Note 2 Luann: I think yr sticky-outy tung laff mighta been a 1-time thing, but just in case, I'd try 2 B a bit careful whenev sumthing is funny, an' concentr8 on not sticking out yr tung when the laff happs. HTH!

Apes

3 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, my mother told me she was in that photo class w/your mom. Mom said, "Elly Patterson was just hopeless. Every session, just about,she'd forget the simplest things, such as how to turn her camera on, where to put the batteries if needed, and how to change the on/off setting for the flash. That poor teacher of ours had to have the patience of a saint to keep going over these basic things again and again!" Feel sorry for the dude, don't you? And for whoever is teaching the class she's in now.

    Eva

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, i wdn't wanna have 2 teach ne class my mom was in, esp. if it had ne use of tech involved.

    apes

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    omg, that's just awful abt bald jeremy an' the red handz! i dunno of ne denise patterson in the fam, but it's poss there cd b a distant rellie i don't know abt.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home