April's Real Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2006

2 Hands, and When'd They Hire One of Them?

After Laura'd gotten herself all cleaned up and changed, and put her hair up in2 a bun instead of a braid, we were all sitting @ the dinner table and Laura was all, "Dr. Simmons sez U can help us @ the vet clinic if U want 2, April." And I was like, "U mean, like clean out the cagez?" And Laura sed, "Yeah--and montoring the patients during recovery, organizing the surgical instruments--we can even show U how 2 change dressings and stuff like that." And I clutched both hands 2 my sternum, all, "Laura, I wd totally LOVE 2 work @ the vet clinic!!!" And Auntie Bev was all, "But, we need U here as a hired hand!" I stretched my hands in front of me and sed, "I can do both, Auntie Bev! ...I've got TWO of them!!" But what I shda dun was 2 ask what happed since Unk Danny told me last yr that the farm wasn't the bizzy place it useta B, and how he and Aunt Bev were doing other jobs cuz the farm was a hobby farm and all? Now they suddenly need a hired hand? And when did they hire me? I thot I was there 2 fig out if I wanna B a vet or not, and helping @ the vet clinic is the best way. But U can totally tell that Aunt Bev is Dad's sister, trying 2 find wayz 2 piss on my dreamz, eh?

Oh, and Liz told me a story abt when she an' Mike was little, and Liz accidentally proved that Mom was rite when she told them that putting liquid soap in the dishwasher wd cause it 2 foam all over the place. Good times, eh?

Apes

3 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, cowgirl! Um, you don't really believe that having two hands means you can be working at the clinic at the same time that you're being a "farm hand", at the farm do you?

    Eva

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    omigah, no, of course not, eva! my fam is totally in2 these lame-arse "wordplay" not-quite-punchline thingies, that i thot they'd totally dig this thing w/the "2 hands". but auntie bev totally looked @ me like i was the worst kinda idiot, so i guess i was wrong abt this one.

    apes

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, thank God! I thought I was gonna have to stop being friends w/you!

    Eva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home