April's Real Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Babysitting

Having 2 babysit Merrie an' Robin while Mike's "big-shot author" party was going on made me remember another time I babysat 4 Mike an' Dee recently. OMG, it was teh crazy. Even tho I sed "no problem" when Dee thanked me 4 sitting "again," in my head, I groaned.

When it was feeding time, Robin, in his hi-chair, like pushed his bowl in2 the air. And Merrie, sitting @ the table, just shoved hers away, all rejecty. L8r, they fought over a toy elephant, yelling an' screaming while they almost ripped the poor thing in half. Dee had told me they cd each have one choc-chip cookie each, so I gave them their cookies--and as I went 2 put away the box, they had a fit, pting @ the box and screaming 4 more! L8r still, Merrie put a red hat on the Dixierat while Robin rode on Eddie's ears (like I usta do w/poor Farley).

Duing bath time, the littles splashed an' carried on an' made a total MESS. @ bedtime, while reading the kiddiez their story, I actually fell asleep, I was so wiped out. Robin was having a bottle an' looking way younger than sum1 who just turned 2 this past November. @ least he was B4 I fell asleep.

Once I finally got Robin asleep in his crib an' Merrie in her bed, it wasn't much longer B4 Mike an' Dee got back. And after all that, I only got $25.

NEway, as he paid me, I thot, "Hah!-- ...U cdn't PAY me 2 have kids!!!" Oh, which reminds me--Edda cd U tell Seth the answer his no--I won't carry his baby as a surrogate.

Apes

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Little sis. It's sad to see you complain about the $25 you received for taking care of your own niece and nephew for a few hours and your foolish statement about not having children. I so tire of hearing your mutterings about how much Gordon Mayes pays and how well-behaved his children were. You have to remember that Gordon is fairly rolling in the stuff and he can hire professional child-rearing help for his wife, Tracey, when his kids get difficult. If I could hire the Super Nanny, I am sure my children would behave too.

    Without that, all I can do is rely on the tried and true method of parenting taught to me first hand by mom. As you recollected, my children's behaviour is just like yours was when you were the same age as my children, about 10 years ago; so they are well within the margin of children's behaviour when using the parenting techniques of Elly Patterson. Let's have no complaints then. When you do decide to have children with Gerald Forsythe, and not this Seth you mentioned, you will use those same techniques and get the same results, and you can remind my daughter, when she babysits for you, of the same thing I am reminding you right now. Actually, if you keep this post, you can just copy it and change the names, when that time comes.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Hey, Apes, Im @ the airport watching the Canada-England cricket match. My plane boards soon. Im bringing my nu bass home its a Geddy Lee Fender its rilly cube. Mayb we can jam after I beat up Ger 1X & Jones 2X 2morrow, dont no if those Bob & Ray d00ds want me 2 beat ne1 up 4 them yet.

    Man, Robin & Merrie r brats, my nefew Andy is rilly well bhaved, I had 2 share a bed w/ him & he nevah bugged me 1X. Mayb thats cos I told him Id throw him in a goat pen if he bugged me.

    L8r.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    mike, have u considered the poss that if i do change my mind an' decide 2 have kids sumday, i mite make a conscious decision 2 do things in a different and better way? no, i didn't think so. 2 bad.

    dunc, it mite not b such a gd idea 4 u 2 beat up ger. where wd we find another drummer 4 our band? i m pretty sure i can shame him in2 not saying mean thingz 2 shannon an' the other special-needs peeps nemore.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home