April's Real Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Laughing last?

So, the next thing that happed after we were all showered up an' dressed was that Liz an' I both needed brekky. Liz was sitting @ the table having her coffee an' toast, and I was totally jonesing 4 Granola, so natch it was all gone. When I asked who ate it all, Liz was like, "I dunno. ...Mike, probably." Friggin' Mike! Then I was all, "There's no more milk!" And Liz was, like, "Have toast 4 heaven's sake! Don't B such a picky face!" Which is kinda funnee considering how picky-riffic Liz is. I went, "WHAT DID U CALL ME?" All indignant, putting one hand to my chest. And Liz was all, "Oh, 4get it , April We're both in a hurry. We're both upset. I've got to go to work. U have a bus 2 catch. Let's get on with..." And I interrupted with, "LARD BUTT!" Then, as Liz shot me a dirty look over her shoulder, I cried, all "SNIFF," while thinking, "She who laffs last, laffs best." OMG, I have been spending way 2 much time in that crowded house!

Liz posted this last nite, 2 xxplain Y she hasta work during the March vacation:
April,

We had an extra-special teacher in-service day, and in fact it was so special that it was just for teachers who are Pattersons, I was very excited about this and so couldn't be late you see, when I got to the school, all the most important people were there, the principal and the superintendent and some people from the provincial department of education, and this one lady, I didn't catch where she was from exactly, her name was Linda or Lily or Laura or Lynn or something like that, anyway she was older-ish like Mom's age, except with short hair, which surprised me because it is only proper for older ladies to have a bun, but anyway, this lady said she makes the rules, she doesn't have to follow them, and oh we had a good laugh at that, and then the superintendent said something about things I need to improve on in my work performance and of course the stuff he said was just filled with mistakes, I started to correct him and the principal jumped in, and of course all he wanted to talk about is how much school I have missed because of the trial, he says that trials for t-shirt grabbing don't go on for months and months, and I pointed out how it got remanded, and then he said, "Remanded means you could be in school," and we argued and argued until I started to cry and Leslie or Liane or Lynette or whatever her name is broke it up and said, "Elizabeth is a Patterson, surely there is something we can do here," and the person from the Ontario education whatever said, "Of course, all is forgotten, but she has to buckle down," and I swore I would buckle down, so I am probably going to be going to work every day this week, to show them how I am buckling up or whatever.

Liz

P.S.--Did your hair actually catch on fire or not, you know, I didn't know that madness could make your head catch fire, really, when you are mad you should not put a towel on your head, you won't need it anyway, the heat of the fire will eflaporate the water off your hair.
Dang, too bad she's not spending the week on soooper-secret apt-hunting. And no, my hair didn't catch fire.

Speaking of my hair, mom gave a memo from the Johnston Institute with "hairstyles April can try that might not keep people from knowing who she is." I tried the one with my hair down, but with the front hair pulled back with a hair clip.

Oh, and the reason I was rushing off was cuz I was helping out @ Lilliput's. If I start telling U abt stuff that happed @ school, it will B cuz I'm reminiscing abt last week.

Apes

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April Dear,

    I just wanted to pop in and remind you that there’s always room for you over at our apartment. A building full of “oldsters” may not seem proper or “cool” for a “youngster” like you, but we have lots of granola and milk, cable television with all the movie channels, a very nice brand-new Mac Book computer with high-speed internet, a DVD player and a subscription to Netflix, and a nice large flat-screen television to enjoy. You’d also have your own bathroom, although unfortunately it’s not en suite. We also have a food delivery service that comes three days a week and you can order whatever you like.

    I thought it was very rude of your sister to call you “Picky-face”. She should know better than to say such a hurtful thing to you, especially since you had a problem with acne (as most teenagers do – I did when I was your age!). I’m curious as to why your sister feels she needs to be so mean to her little sister, as if she has reverted back to teenagehood herself. Perhaps the children she teaches are having a bad influence on her. I can’t seem to understand why a young woman in her mid-twenties with a career would want to live with her parents again so I could be right about her regression.

    The invitation is always there, dear. Come on over whenever you need a break.

    Much love,
    Iris Richards

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't understand why you were crying, but thinking about laughing at the same time.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Luann DeGroot said…

    Apes,

    i can't believe u still have all those peeps in ur house. u r right, u r going 2 be the 1 who's leaving, cuz you'll go 2 college b4 they leave @ this rate!

    i thought i had my bro out of the house, & then Monday morning, there he is, eatin' our food again. He says he came back cuz has no furniture. He says he's only got his bed & a patio set 4 a kitchen table, & I'm like "u've got a place 2 eat & sleep - that's all u do anyway!"

    Mom & Dad went over 2 see the improvements Brad & TJ made 2 the living room, so i'm waiting 4 the explosion.

    Luann

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    hey, peeps, i m writing this from gramps an' iris's house. we r watching sum netflix movies an' having delish italian food that we had delivered. yummy pasta primavera!

    anon, it does sound weird, i know! it was, like, i sed that thing abt lard butt, an' i felt like i was gonna laff. i started 2 think that thing abt laffing last, but it was like @ the same time, all the stress and upset stored up in my hed, from the whole crowded living sitch, had built up, an' popped like a big ol' zit (if i still had zits, thank god 4 acnomor). and suddenly i was crying like crayzee. totally buggin'!

    luann, gah, mayB we need 2 form a support group abt our brothers, eh?

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home