April's Real Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Fishing With Dad

Wow, Duncan was right when he guessed Dad would be taking me fishing (in the comments to my last post). Good spying, Dunc! Oh, but could you stop spying? That'd be great, thanks!

NEway, I don't usually care much about fishing, because just about every other time we've gone, it's been all about sittin' around doing pretty much nothing while Dad makes puns, tells me stories about trains an' teeth, and catches fish while I get nothing. So finally things go my way. Mine, mine, mine! Ha ha ha! Well, ok, I guess I was pretty excited about this for a little bit there. Dad even seemed happy for me most of the day. But then just as we were leaving, his whole mood turned, and suddenly he was all mad, like you could almost imagine a big storm cloud in his thoughts, if u cd even see some1's thoughts. What's the dealio, Dad? He was like that the whole way home. When I told Liz about it, she put her finger to her lips like "shhhhh" and got out one of her psych books from university. She opened to the page on "bipolar disorder" and raised her eyebrows. Could she be onto something there?

Meanwhile, I heard Mom asking Dad where all those fish were, cuz she'd like to cook them up. Dad's voice was so quiet I couldn't hear it, but I cdn't miss Mom's answer: "You did WHAT? You threw them BACK?!? Of all the bone-headed, idiotic Patterson things to do. You march right outside and go to the store, cuz now I'm craving me some seafood! GO!!!"

Uh-oh. . . . Sounds like Mom's rounding us up again, for "training". Gotta go.

Apes out

9 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha ha ha, Mr. Patterson, he lose bet that he catch more fish than young daughter. Owe Mr. Singh $50 and must scrub floor of store room. Sucker!

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, did I ever mention that I fought in the war? THE War? WW2! Remembrance Day! Poppies! Oh, and my walker is the best!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    apes, i feel so sorry 4 u that u had 2 go fishing. way lame. marjee and i spent the day at the mall an' then she let me smoke a joint with her behind the Dairy Queen.

    peace out, becks

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, i tried to get out of it, becks, but my 'rents said that if i didn't go fishing w/dad i'd have to visit shut-ins w/my mom. the worst thing about visiting shut-ins w/her is they obviously can't stand her & wd rather b left alone. an' plus she ends up eating most of the food she brings, esp. the muffins.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, after smokin' some ganja, Becks does the funniest impression of yr mom! It's a good thing we were by that DQ, 'cause we got the worst munchies ever. What a great day!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dad swings back in forth in mood faster than Mom sometimes.

    One thing I like about Dad is the "throw the fish back" thing. Because I hate how Mom cooks fish.

    I think I'll go for a "run" at dinner time. Wanna come with me Apes?

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    i know, the moods are bizarro. i've gotta look at that psych book of yrs some more.

    yes, let's "run"! don't wanna b there when mom serves the ol' seafood surprise. yuck!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just happened to be passing through your backyard when dinner was ready, and your mom called me in. "Seafood Surprise" is almost okay with a lot of hot sauce, which your mom had in the cupboard in case I ever showed up for a Caribbean-style meal. (The bottle had expired in 1998, but I didn't think that it would be polite to mention that to her. Plus she had those bug eyes happening.) Off to see Beckers now, and maybe pick up that roach behind the DQ.

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    god dunc how many times do i have 2 say it? stay away frum me. my mom is totally getting that restraining order. it's EZ bcuz she has a lawyer on retainer to help with my dad.

    we r also getting a doberman so u will get ur privates bit off the next time u try to spy in my window at nite.

    beckster

    p.s.--i wud never share my weed with u.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home