April's Real Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What I'm NOT Talking About

Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Uh-uh. I'm not doing this. I am NOT talking about vacuuming 2day. I'm not getting in2 how Eddie was all barking @ the vac until Mom decided letting him outside wd make life EZ-er. And I'm NOT getting in2 how there was a big gust of wind when Mom opened the door. And I'm NOT gonna say that just when Eddie was going out the door, Dixie Ratdog came charging in & shake-shake-shaking her snowy doggie drops all ovr the place. Nope, not gonna do it.

And now for the stuff I will talk abt. Ger. We R all talkin' abt Ger 2day, we just can't help it after the way he went all "Incredible Hulk" last nite, flippin' out @ the hockey game & after. I can't believe he actually ripped the door off of Jeremy's house & attacked him. AGAIN. & Jeremy's mom & Alex had 2 use frying pans on his head 2 stop his rampage. And Becky's, like, our hero! She went all detective & went 2 Ger's house 2 find out what Ger's mom is giving him. Becks is s00per smart abt knowing just what 2 say 2 peeps 2 get them 2 cooperate w/her! Like tellin' Mrs. F she's like a nutrition guru. That was the perfect thing 2 say 2 her. NEway, she got Mrs. F 2 show her what she's been shooting up Ger w/, & get this, peeps. I M quoting fr. Becks's post: "a potent combo of human growth hormone, steroids, EPO, and echinacea"! Like, I was so upset last nite, I didn't even have time 2 pull apart what this all meanz. I mean, we've all heard of steroids, but what abt the others? Let's ask Google.

Okay here's a link on human growth hormone. Here's an interesting bit from the link:
Human growth hormone is commonly used to treat children of pathologically short stature. There is concern that this practice will be extended to treatment of essentially normal children - so called "enhancement therapy" or growth hormone on demand. Similarly, growth hormone has been used by some to enhance atheletic [sic] performance. Although growth hormone therapy is generally safe, it is not as safe as no therapy and does entail unpredictable health risks. Parents that request growth hormone therapy for children of essentially-normal stature are clearly misguided.
(I emphasized that last bit.) Misguided, peeps! OK, so EPO is short for erythropoietin. Here's some info from my EPO link:
EPO is a protein hormone produced by the kidney. After being released into the blood stream it binds with receptors in the bone marrow, where it stimulates the production of red blood cells (erythrocytes). Medically, EPO is used to treat certain forms of anemia (e.g., due to chronic kidney failure). Logically, since EPO accelerates erythrocyte production it also increases oxygen carrying capacity. This fact did not long escape notice of the athletic community.
And also,
Blood doping is the process of artificially increasing the amount of red blood cells in the body in an attempt to improve athletic performance. In the past this was accomplished by transfusion. The athlete would “donate” a unit of blood into storage and then 3 weeks later, after the body had completely replaced the blood loss, transfuse the unit back into the body. This would occur just before a big race, effectively giving the athlete an “extra” unit of blood. This enables performance improvements in endurance sports because of the extra oxygen carrying capacity. The practice has been outlawed. Not just because it is unfair but because of the dangers involved.
Then, more scaree stuff from the same link, cited fr. Ref(1) – Tainted Glory – Doping and Athletic Performance. Noakes, TD. NEJM. 351:9. Aug.26. 2004:
Why is EPO dangerous?
The reason that EPO, and transfusion blood doping, is dangerous is because of increased blood viscosity. Basically, whole blood consists of red blood cells and plasma (water, proteins, etc.). The percentage of whole blood that is occupied by the red blood cells is referred to as, the hematocrit. A low hematocrit means dilute (thin) blood, and a high hematocrit mean concentrated (thick) blood. Above a certain hematocrit level whole blood can sludge and clog capillaries. If this happens in the brain it results in a stroke. In the heart, a heart attack. Unfortunately, this has happened to several elite athletes who have used EPO.

EPO use is especially dangerous to athletes who exercise over prolonged periods. A well-conditioned endurance athlete is more dehydration resistant than a sedentary individual. The body accomplishes this by several methods, but one key component is to “hold on” to more water at rest. Circulating whole blood is one location in which this occurs and, thus, can function as a water reservoir. During demanding exercise, as fluid losses mount, water is shifted out of the blood stream (hematocrit rises). If one is already starting with an artificially elevated hematocrit then you can begin to see the problem -- it is a short trip to the critical “sludge zone”.

Additional dangers of EPO include sudden death during sleep, which has killed approximately 18 pro cyclists in the past fifteen years, and the development of antibodies directed against EPO. In this later circumstance the individual develops anemia as a result of the body’s reaction against repeated EPO injections.
Can U believe this?!?!?! OK, let's check out echinacea. Hm, it's an herb. Supposed 2 ward off colds and speed up healing. I guess 4 all the injuriez Ger gets fr. being all Incredible Hulk.

& it turnz out it was Dr. Ted who's been giving these drugz 2 Mrs. F & callin' them "vitaminz". & Becks thinx he mighta been doing all this cuz he seriously gamblez on Mboro local sports! Sick, eh? So after Dr. & Mrs. F got Ger back fr. Jeremy's house, Dr. Ted sedated him, & now he's cutting back Ger's doses. But look @ how dangerous this shizzit is, peeps! Dr. Ted is like a total crim, doncha think?

& another thing 4 us 2 worry abt. Alex's sis was posting l8 last nite cuz Alex nevr came home! Alex, R U OK? Pls write in!!!

Apes

25 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    omg, alex, i m so glad u r ok? alex's sis, i hope u saw this. alex, if i c yr sis in the halls, i will tell her u r ok!

    apes

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    wow, yr sis was pretty confused, eh? i saw eva in the hall & she sed she thot u looked nice w/yr sis's uni & hairclip.

    apes

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest friends,

    Goodness, my head smarts today!

    Sincerely yours, Gerald

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, u found a topic evn more borin’ than vacuumin’—geranium & hiz drugz. it wuz like goin’ 2 science class. i think i’m gonna start readin’ ur fake blog now. i am rilly sore frum yesterday cuz of ur bf. i am also stayin’ az far away az i can frum gerbil 2day. thoze peeps u talked ‘bout givin’ him drugz do not know wut they r doin’, & i don’t wanna get beat up again. i’m startin’ 2 feel like a 40-year-old nstead of just lookin’ like a 40-year-old.

    neway, aftah last nite, my mom sez she rilly likes alexandra. she told me we luked cute napping 2gether. wen we left the house 4 skool, she came runnin’ aftah alexandra & sed, “u forget ur toque.” alexandra sed, “i don’t smoke marijuana.” my mom wuz pushing alexandra’z toque @her & pointing @ it & sayin’ “toque” rilly slowly & loudly. alexandra sed, “n the states we call that a hat.” my mom sed, “ur so cute & uneduc8ed & i’m glad u don’t smoke marijuana. have a gud day @skool.” alexandra iz wearin’ her sis’ clothez 2day. she iz a little ticked off i didn’t wake her up last nite, but wakin’ up w/alexandra this mornin’ wuz gr8, evn if i lost the feelin’ n my left arm aftah awhile.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger howard said…

    Becky,

    I understand. I will bring said toolkit and meet you there.

    Howard

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    omg, becks, u r rite! i don't y i hadta b so st00pid, but all i cd think was ger cd actually DIE in his sleep cuz of what dr. ted is doin' 2 him! like, just not wake up 1 morning!

    jeremy, if u wanna read the fake blog, knock yrself out. pix of random peeps r way more interesting than knowing abt the drugz that mite kill my bf. gah!

    ok, gotta go, cuz i'm crying & i don't wanna make peeps (more) suspicious.

    apes

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    alexandra, i wud b happy 2 have coffee w/u unless this iz 1 of thoze girlz only thingz. my dad alwayz sez 2 avoid girlz only thingz, cuz they don't want u there & u don't wanna b there.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    i'm in 4 coffee! where/when do u wanna meet?

    apes

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    we r @ horny tim's rite now. i totally need this 2 get my mind off the stuff i m not supposta b talkin' abt rite now.

    apes

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rebeccah, we were @horny tim's & we just saw sumthing v.v. strange. april's dog ran down the street w/a vacuum cleaner hose n hiz mouth & he wuz b-ing chased by april'z mom. april just left aftah them, along w/the othahz. i'm tryin' 2 keep up, but it kinda hurts 2 run cuz of yestahdayz injuriez. ttyl.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    Becky and I have finished discussing our plan to help Gerald. You won't be able to contact us for a little bit. One of us will let you know if the plan worked after we are done.

    Howard

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Friends,

    I am trying really, really hard not to take offense that you are hanging out at Horny Tims and didn't invite me. I'm not doing such a good job on the "not taking offense" part though. Oh well. I will let you all know just how I feel about that when I catch up to you there in a few minutes.

    All this stuff about my mom giving me steroids is nonsense. My mom would never do that. And it would be against Dr. McCaulay's Hippocritical Oath for him to do it. I think you have all gone nuts. But we can talk more about that when I get to Horny Tims.

    Sincerely yours,

    Gerald

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    howard, becks! pls write in when u can & thanx 4 havin' a plan 2 help ger!

    eddie ran 2 lilliput's cuz i guess he figured ma wd nevr follow him in there. mom got moira & bea 2 help her catch eddie. he bit holez in2 the hose, so i guess it needs 2 b replaced.

    alex is prolly rite abt ger doin' a "big bad wolf" thing.

    apes

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    it's supposed 2 b hippocratic oath, ger. u r mixed up w/hypocritical. i agree, dr. ted's prolly a hypocrite.

    i did ask u rite after school if u wanted 2 go w/us 2 horny tim's. u were all, "i'm not in2 horny guys named tim! who told u i was in2 horny tims?!?!" & then u ran away.

    apes

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Jeremy and other friends,

    I am not interested in killing Jeremy. Yes, I am very, very angry with him, but I won't hurt him. As long as he stays out of my sight.

    April and I are having a good time here, snuggling in a booth at Horny Tims. Except that April did have to ask me a few times not to snuggle so hard. My muscles have gotten really big and sometimes I don't know my own strength.

    Gosh, I wonder where Becky is? She's a good snuggler too. I'm sorry we argued the other day, Becky, but you should try not to be so irritating.

    Sincerely yours, Gerald

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    alexandra, thanx 4 the compliments on my appearance. i rilly like u2. i’m not n ne danger of dyin’. i ran n2 april after she left lilliputs & wuz headed back 2 horny tims. we were goin’ back there, wen i saw gerund comin’ & ducked outa site just n tyme. april sed she wud make sure geranium wudn’t hurt me, but i sed no thankx. bettah safe than sorry, u know. i’m back @home now. i think i reinjured myself w/that runnin’.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    Normally I am not much into breaking and entering, at least not lately. There was a time when I was pretty good at it, but those times are gone now. In any case, I was a little nervous when Becky suggested breaking into Gerald’s house to replace the drugs he had been taking with a sterile saline solution. Nevertheless, it was evident from Gerald’s behaviour last night that both his doctor and his parents were not taking care of Gerald properly and, no offence April, but I would rather not have to go from being your promised backup gay to being your forefront gay, as I would if Gerald died prior to graduating from high school. Not to mention the fact that I would rather that Gerald not die. He has been a little odd since I have known him, but you like him, and that’s good enough for me.

    We did run into Gerald on the way to his house. When he saw Becky, he immediately started into some dialogue about snuggling. I didn’t know what he was talking about, and then he spotted me and started growling, which was a little disturbing, because my immediate reaction was to growl back. One of the nice things about having an experience as a dog is that I now realize the importance of an effective growl. There is a “back-off” growl or a “that’s my food” growl. The one I used with Gerald was the “step near me and I will disembowel you and eat your entrails” growl. It is quite effective, and I think Gerald was able to recognize its import, because he backed off and decided to channel his anger toward Jeremy, when Becky told him that Jeremy and April were at Tim Hortons without him. Sorry, Jeremy.

    When we got to Gerald’s house, we checked it over thoroughly for the signs of life and I was able to gain us access using my skills, which I don’t like to use. Becky knew exactly where to look for Gerald’s medicine and we were able to accomplish our deeds fairly quickly. You know I really miss my doggy hearing abilities. If I were still a dog, Gerald’s mom and dad would never have been able to catch us unaware like that. I was not certain what action to take. It would have been easy to over power them and escape, but we had been recognized. When Dr. Forsythe started referring to Becky as a slut, I could feel an involuntary growl coming out of me and I was thinking very strongly about the possibility of biting Dr. Forsythe on the leg.

    Fortunately, Becky has Mrs. Forsythe’s number and immediately launched into a discussion on dieting using me as an example. Honestly I used to be thinner before I became a dog. When I was a dog, I pretty much ate everything I possibly could. I loved it when Becky would scratch my head and give me some kibble. Ah, those were good days. But a lack of exercise and too much kibble make you fat. So, I was actually seriously considering this celery, lettuce, and oby-cap diet; but I was diverted by the grapefruit compote Mrs. Forsythe was serving. I said, “You know, I have a recipe for a Peach, Rhubarb and Grapefruit compote that is to die for.” Mrs. Forsythe said, “Really? I happen to have some of those ingredients right here. Would you mind demonstrating?” I said I wouldn’t mind at all and asked if she had lemon or orange juice. She opened the refrigerator and went straight for one of the bottles we had just emptied. I said, “Oh EPOJ. That’s an interesting orange juice.” She said, “Oh so sorry, that’s Gerald’s special orange juice. We can’t use that. That’s odd, it doesn’t look right. I wonder if it’s gone bad.” Then she yelled, “Aloysius, how long ago did you fill Gerald’s prescription from Dr. Ted?” Dr. Forsythe came stomping into the room and said, “What do you want?” Mrs. Forsythe said, “Come look at Gerald’s special orange juice. It doesn’t look right.” Dr. Forsythe said, “Why are you looking at this stuff in front of strangers?” Mrs. Forsythe said, “These are my guests, not strangers. Please act with some sense of dignity.” Dr. Forsythe said, “otnay ithway isthay uffstay.” Mrs. Forsythe said, “orrysay, iyay orgotfay.” Then she said to us, “Do either of you speak Latin?” Becky said no, but I said that I had sung many pieces in Latin, but that they had been speaking in Pig Latin, which is not the same. At this point, Becky gave me a really hard kick and I said, “No, I didn’t understand a word you two just said.” The Forsythes looked unconvinced and Mrs. Forsythe asked us politely to leave. So, mission accomplished, but my leg hurts.

    Howard

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    alexandra, which part did u say n haste? the part where u sed u like me? the part where u sed u wuld mourn 4 me b4 u started d8ing othah guyz? or the part where u sed i wuz a gr8 bf? i hope it’s the part where u talked ‘bout d8ing othah guyz. hope u hadda gud tyme shoppin’ w/eva.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    thanx 4 everything u 2 did, becky & howard. gerald was in a v. snuggly mood @ horny tim's, & that was nice, xcept when he squeezed really, really hard & gave me a buncha bruises. i had 2 ask him 2 hold me more gently. i had sum advils & a hot bath when i got home & i feel much better now.

    wow, it's a wonder dr. & mrs. forsythe don't kill each other! becky, when dr. f kept callin' u a slut, did he make it sound like an insult this tyme? cuz i thot he liked sluttiness? soundz like he can't even make up his mind abt that!

    so, like, thanx again u 2!

    apes

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, glad ur ok. i am still recovering my "snuggle" w/geranium. his family soundz nice compared 2 sum of the fites my folks have had.

    no canadian teamz playin' hockey 2nite & i am confuzed by wut alexandra sed. tyme 2 do sum studying.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    that's so effed up abt the slut thing & the unfair rep. i'm like the othe side of the coin cuz i have the unfair "frigid sex-h8er" rep.

    i can't w8 2 hear what howard has 2 say. u 2 r so cube & so smart w/yr plan 2 help ger!

    apes

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    We went around to the front door of the Forsythe house and Dr. Forsythe let us in. He took us into a side room and locked the door. Then he said, “So, Gerald is just about to round 3rd base and slide into home with April Patterson, eh? How do you know this?” Becky said, “April’s my best friend. She tells me everything?” Dr. Forsythe said, “In my sessions with Gerald, he has told me only about getting to 2nd base with April, but never rounding 3rd. When did the 3rd base rounding occur?” Becky said, “Oh the night when Gerald was out all night.” Dr. Forsythe said, “Gerald told me that he was helping out some poor people at a halfway house that night and lost track of the time. Are you saying he was really with April Patterson?” Becky said, “I think it was that night, but I don’t know the time for sure, only that he is just about to round 3rd base. April has given him the go-ahead to take the base, if he has the ‘ability’, if you know what I mean.” Dr. Forsythe said, “Well we must make sure he has the ability. I know from my sessions with Gerald, that he would take any opening for running the bases that April gives him. The fact that he hasn’t rounded 3rd base to slide home, when April is letting him get a run unimpeded, says those drugs must be having a detrimental effect. What should we do?”

    Becky said, “Whenever Mrs. Forsythe brings the drugs home, then you can replace them with placebos. That way Gerald can round the bases with April and your wife will think he is taking the drugs.” Dr. Forsythe said, “But what will happen when Gerald’s playing ability starts to wane?” I said, “I am sure you are aware of the effects of a positive attitude on sports performance. I know I sing opera better when I feel good about myself. Maybe you could give Gerald a lot of encouragement and avoid making any kind of critical comments about him?” Becky said incredulously , “Can you even do that?”

    Dr. Forsythe said, “Of course I can do that. I have been trained especially to give positive statements to depressed lowlifes. Surely I can go and raise the spirits of my own son.” Becky said, “And the drugs. Don’t forget to replace the drugs.” Dr. Forsythe said, “Of course. I am sorry I spoke so unkindly about you earlier today for breaking into my house and despoiling my refrigerator. Your behaviour belies your background.” At this point, Gerald came home and we exited the house. We could hear Gerald growling at his father and his father say, “Why son! That is a most excellent growl. I did not know you had such a superb growling ability. If there was a growling championship, you would surely win.”

    That’s my part. Becky may have more to tell you.

    Howard

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    we mite hafta replace ger's sodium pentathol w/saline, 2. so, like, he can lie & say he's rounded 3rd.

    wow, schlanger sure was mad, eh?

    apes

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest April flower,

    My dad doesn't use sodium pentothal in our sessions anymore. Since our father-son weekend at the "Building Bridges of Trust" workshop, Dad is working on trusting that I tell him the truth even without the drugs.

    As for what Becky is saying about Mother and Dr. McCaulay and steroids and my testicles and the Israeli mob, I don't believe a word of it. Amy Vanderbilt says your reputation is what you make of it, and Becky's reputation is not exactly one of truth-telling. Though she does have a reputation as a good, sturdy snuggle partner.

    Sincerely yours, Gerald

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S.--However, if it is true that you are interested in hitting a home run with me, I am most eager to have batting practice with you at the earliest possible convenient inverval.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home