April's Real Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shannon's Shining Moment

So, back 2 Monday of last week. Shannon's speech. U'll remember the clapping and cheering I told U abt yesterday. Once Shannon had gotten down from the table, I hugged her and was all, "Shannon, that was the best speech EVER!!" I mighta been xxager8ing a bit, but NEway, kids in the caf were still cheering, like "Yeah!" And "U go, girl!" And "Yes!" And Shannon went, "Whoa! ... I'm ... sha...king! ....That took.... guts, ...man!" And Jack decided 2 try out the echolalia since it seems 2 work so well 4 Dylan, so he was all, "Guts!" Then some kids started coming up 2 Shannon. One girl w/a pointy 'fro came up w/2 friends, and was all, "Hey, we're really sorry. We've sed sum stuff that was totally out of line." And then a guy and a girl came up, and the guy was all, "Way 2 go, Shannon." And the girl was like, "Yeah. We totally needed 2 hear that." Then Shannon sed, "U know what, ...April? ...May...B ... I ... was born ... dif'rent ... so I cd ... make a differ...ence." And I felt this weird look forming on my face, I don't know xxactly howta describe it, both proud and smug. "Smroud"? "Prug"?

Apes

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, bianca heard a rumour that snit (special needs insulting team) mite be forced to change its name to snat (special needs adulation team) to help spread the message that shannon's speech transformed all the bad kids @ our skool. i'll let u know if the rumour gets confirmed.

    jeremy

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    jeremy, i heard that rumour 2. i think shannon mite get a special award, 2, and a plaque in her honour 2 b hung in the trophy-display case. u know, 4 "ushering in a new era of special-needs/mainstream understanding."

    apes

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, sorry I haven't written in so long. I've been spending some time in Yellowknife. My adoptive mother, Maggie McConnell Mahaha, is there on "pilot" business, and she thought it would be nice if we had some mother-daughter bonding time.

    Marjee

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    marjee, omg, by ne chance have u noticed warren blackwood in yellowknife?

    apes

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, now that you mention it, yes, I've seen Warren up here. He sure does send mixed signals!

    Marjee

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    You really are the nicest girl in Milborough! If it hadn't been for you, I never would have had the GUTS to get up on that table and make that speech last week, and usher in this new era of caring and sharing. My brother Blair says that if you hadn't been sitting at the special-needs kids' table, we never would have had so many people stopping by to tease. But I don't listen to him. He doesn't understand what a nice, nice girl you are!

    Love,

    Shannon Lake

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shannon, I thought you were going to stand up for ALL of US! You just talked about yourself!

    Faith

    P.S. April did you know the telethon is for US, kids with special needs? I'm not sure if that was clear last week.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Last week.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dylan, enough with the echolalia, already!

    Grace

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cooked an egg!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Faith,

    Try not to be bitter. You still get to go to the telethon.

    Love,

    Shannon Lake

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Formerly dearest Becky flower,

    I am sorry to have to break your heart, but I cannot be your concubine any longer. My dearest April flower came to me that day after Shannon made her speech in the cafeteria and told me she wants us to be "more than friends" again. I am not quite sure what caused her change of heart. Pater says that Patterson women have fickle and violent temperaments. I am kind of afraid of the "violent" part. Also, April is a Patterson, and Mater wants me to marry into the First Family of Milborough.

    So, April and I have been secretly "more than friends" for a little while now. My relationship with you has been a sham for some time. However, I can no longer continue to see both of you, as my little April flower says there will be no more "comfy accommodation" from her until I break it off with you.

    Anyway, thanks for the public exposure on that TV show and all. Also, it was fun losing our virginity together. That was the best day of my life.

    Thanks again, and sorry, Gerald

     

Post a Comment

<< Home