April's Real Blog

Friday, January 25, 2008

Filling up the hungry an' stuff

Hey, so when I was getting ready 2 leave @ the end of my recent visit w/Gramps and Iris, Iris sed, "I wish U didn't have 2 go." As I put on a boot, I was like, "Yeah, but Dad's* coming 2 pick me up, an' I've got stuff 2 do." Iris sed, "I know." Then as I was walking out the door (w/Dixie, BTW, I 4got 2 say I had her w/me all that time), Iris put one hand on my back and sed, "Well, thanx 4 the visit." I sed, "NE time. And Mom will B here 2morrow, OK? She's going 2 bring supper, so B hungry!" Cuz, U know, she didn't want peeps saying I'm the only one who visits. And Iris sed, "Oh, we'll B hungry! Yr mom's cooking is worth STARVING 4!!" I felt a bit sad that she felt the need 2 kiss up 2 Mom's cooking, but I thot, "And we'll try 2 fill U up!" Cuz I was thinking abt metaphorical starving, like 4 company and attention. With "we" meaning me and Dixie, of course. Mom's trying 2 fill them up means stuffing their maws w/gross casseroles.

*Sorry 2 say that this mite mean that 2morrow's entry mite B devoted 2 my car convo w/Dad. This mite also bleed in2 Saturday's entry, but I hope not next wk (cf "after the telethon"). BTW, Liz was borrowing my car, since she took hers in 4 service (xxcuse 2 hang out more @ Gordo's Garage an' Grill) and Mom blithely volunteered mine. Suxx 2 B me.

Apes

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said…

    Well, it's plain to see that your mother is a firm believer in the Johnston Institute. One of their guiding principles is that giving people tons of fatty food is the best way to show them you care about them.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Formerly little sis. I know you are excited about the prospect of discussing your discussion with dad about your discussion with Iris about being hungry; but I simply have to show you the advertisement spot for my novel Stone Season. It is fantastic.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, speakin’of metaphorical starving, i coulda used sum metaphors in 2day’s english test. how did u do?

    also, i gotta say, 2b honest, this group d8 thing 2 double-d pizza w/eva abuya & her bf, the silhouette of duncan anderson, & luis guzmán & his gf rosario & her little megafone makes me nervous. these peeps r not gonna like me b-ing out w/u evn tho u & gerald split.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    Well, your Blog entry today explained to me why I got a call from Iris asking if I had a copy of an article I found once called “Finally! How to Turn a Greasy Casserole Into a Healthy Meal Without the Use of Toxic Degreasers”. I can make a copy for you too, if you think will help you deal with your mother’s cooking. Let me know.

    Love,
    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    dc2, i guess that's true!

    mike, omg, how do u not notice that the only blurb that didn't insult yr book in that ad was the ned tanner quote?

    jeremy, u r rite, this is turning in2 a weird d8. silhouette duncan kinda creeps me out. i miss regular duncan (sorry, i know u don't get along w/him, but we've always been gd friends, u know?).

    howard, i'd b curious 2 read that article. tho my way of dealing w/mom's cooking l8ly has been 2 make my own food or eat out!

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home