April's Real Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Batten yr hatches--signs pt 2 flashbacks

Oh, no. The next story I have 2 tell U bears all the signs of being the set-up 4 more FLASHBACKS. Why? Why, why, why?!?!?!?!

Well, this is what I hear happened. My mom and Connie, also @ the mall, but away from me and Eva, walked 2gether as Mom was all, "I'm glad U felt like going out 2nite Connie. John's away and I didn't feel like spending the evening alone." Connie sed, "NEtime!" Then, as they approached the coffee stand @ the mall food court, Connie went, "He's still going 2 dental conventions? --I thought he was semi-retired!" And Mom sed, "He is. But he likes 2 keep up." What a stupid xxchange. Of course if he's not 100% retired, Dad shd "keep up." Wd U want 2 go 2 a "semi-retired" dentist who's NOT up 2 d8? Connie, I guess, hasn't had enuf gratuitous reminiscing, so sed this: "I remember when he 1st started his practice and U worked as his assistant!" Mom sent, "He didn't have the money 2 hire one!" Then Mom and Connie walked away from the stand w/their coffees, and Mom added, "...We were living hand-to-mouth." Har-dee-har. NOT.

This is stupid. If Mom then went in2 flashbacks from 1979-80 abt working as Dad's dental assistant, that won't B from when he started his practice and cdn't afford an assistant. It'll B from when Jean Baker was on vacation and Mom subbed 4 her 4 a while.

Apes

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew gratuitous reminiscing was on the horizon. I felt it this morning when I got up. I could smell it in the air when I went out to my car to go to work. When I got to work and read today's strip it confirmed my suspicions. I could hear the thunder of someone's memory clouds rumble in the distance. There's a nasty 1979/1980 storm a-brewin'.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    on the way 2 school this morning, i went over 2 lilliput's, 2 the coffee area where ppl sit w/my mom and gossip, and i shouted out, "nooooo! why is it that whenever connie shows up, there are flashbacks on the way?" but no1 answered and sum1 clapped a hand over my mouth.

    apes

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Formerly little sis. You will have to bear with Connie Poirier when it comes to remembering facts about the early days of dad’s practice. It was back in the days when Connie was busy showing how liberated (slutty) she was by getting pregnant in Ecuador from that Brazilian doctor.

    Fortunately, she has gotten official training in how to do sticky-out tongue laughing, so she can supplement her income accompanying mom to all the coffee places in Milborough and laughing vigorously at all mom’s puns. Dad’s been out of town since before Mother’s Day, so it’s good mom has a friend like Connie around. Otherwise, Deanna or I would have to do it.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, good idea. let’s w8 out the 1979 reminiscing w/sum stanley cup playoffs. mebbe the pens can win this 1 for a change.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    watching hockey w/jeremy is way more fun than thinking abt mom's flashbacks 2 1979 or 1980!

    apes

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Muzition said…

    Is your dad ever gonna retire completely?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home