April's Real Blog

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Leapin' Lizardbreath!

Liz says she thinks a Landscaping With Lawrence exercise video would sell well. I dunno, would you buy that?

So anyway, Liz was totally beat from workin' at Lawrence's place, an' I can't say I blame her for boltin' when Mom came lookin' for someone to mow the lawn. She'd spent the whole day doin' yard stuff. But guess who got stuck doin' the lawn? Yup, lil 'Pril. This wouldn' be so bad for a kid with normal parents, but my mom's got all sorts of crazy rules for mowin' a lawn "properly". So even after I was done cutting the grass, I had to stand there while Mom did her inspection, measuring the grass, running her fingers along the edges, comparing the lawn to pictures, sniffing the air above the grass while flappin' her arms toward herself. Then there are always "corrections" to make. Yeah, I wish I were makin' this stuff up.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why...can't...your...dad...mow...the...lawn?

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    Well, actually my dad was mowin' the lawn in front of the teeny-tiny train station in his model-train land. Next, he polished his train people's silverware.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That video would so sell April.

    Maybe you should tell Mom to get you're paper doll to mow the lawn. Her big fat butt could use the work out.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh no bad grammar! I am going to lose my teaching degree!

    That's your young lady Liz! F F F for you!

    Sorry about that 'Pril Baby.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    liz, i wd so say that to mom about the paper doll if, y'know, i weren't afraid of her an' all.

    i'd help u shoot the vid if i weren't bein' shipped off to the farm.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ape, I am *so* gonna miss u when u are gone. how come you gotta work on a stupid farm an' stuff? Hey, maybe i could come an' we could be like The Simple Life?

    Becks

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    My fam's just weird, Becks. You turn 14, you go to the farm, you get your attitude "adjusted".

    We'd so rock doin' our own Simple Life, an' the farm wd be soooo much less boring that way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home