April's Real Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Replacement Post

Well, I already drafted 2day's post based on an e-mail Liz sent me yesterday, but then she decided 2 post last nite an' sed the post shd replace what she told me B4. Here's what she posted last nite:
April,

No, you misunderstood. You just assumed I drove all night to go visit Paul because I said I spent today on a nature hike with him. But nothing could be further from the truth! When I woke up this morning, I was in the car with Paul, and we were driving out to this nature trail! He said, "Hello, sleepyhead!" and I said, "How did I get here?" and Paul said, "Beats me. I don't know how I got here either. All of a sudden, I woke up in this car and directions to the nature trail were taped to the steering wheel."

I asked Paul, "Where are we?" And he said, "I'm not really sure. I figure it could be near Mtigwaki, or near Milborough, or anywhere in between!" And I said, "Paul, this is such a puzzle. I just started a new job. I shouldn't have had time to see you until Christmas! I should be home, grading papers! I want to make a good impression! I am already slacking off by having to go to court and testify! What will my principal think if I visit you on the weekends?" And Paul said, "Gosh, Liz, what I'm worried about is I wasn't scheduled to have a weekend off for the rest of this year! I'm probably missing work for this!"

I said, "We should turn around and see if we can find my car. I need to drive home. If I start driving now, I will get to Milborough just in time to grade some papers and iron my Sensible Schoolmarm outfit for Monday." Then Paul handed me a piece of paper. He said, "This letter was taped to the steering wheel also. It says that we should enjoy today. It says we were magically teleported here, and we will be magically teleported back home sometime on Sunday."

I said, "Paul, don't be silly. There is no such thing as magic." And Paul said, "The letter is signed, 'The Good Witch of the North.'" I said, "Oh, that's different then. Mom knows her. Does the letter say what we're supposed to do?" I looked at the letter. It said we should frolic through the woods on the nature trail and enjoy the 'fall foliage.' I said to Paul, "Oh, that sounds like fun. I've never seen foliage before! Also, the leaves are turning colors right now. It should be pretty!"

Paul kind of made a face and then he said, "Liz, I have an idea. You and I hardly ever get to spend time together anymore. Instead of going on this long hike, what do you say we go to my place and have 'special cuddles'?" April, you won't know what I'm talking about, so I will explain. 'Special cuddles' is what two people who really, really like each other but they aren't married yet. They lay down together in bed, and get very close together. They are wrapped in some sheets. Then the parents of one of the members of the couple puts a long board between the boy and the girl, like an ironing board. Then they are wrapped up very, very tight so they can cuddle and kiss, but there can be no hanky-panky. Mom calls it 'bundling,' but I prefer 'special cuddles.'

Anyway, I said to Paul, "No, if the Witch wants us to go hiking, we have to go hiking. But we can probably hold hands, and maybe even put our arms around each other. People do that when they hike." Then Paul asked me, "Can we kiss?" I looked at the letter again and told him no. "The letter only talks about hiking. People can't kiss while they hike. The Witch did not give us permission to kiss." Then Paul said some Ojjebbweigh words I don't know. When I asked him what they meant, he said they were a special communication from him to the Witch. I think it's nice he is starting to respect my family's religious beliefs.

Anyway, we went hiking. It was nice. We saw leaves and held hands. Also, we did sit down at one point, which I only let us do because Paul pointed out that all people have to take a rest when they are hiking. He tried to kiss me, but I pointed out that while resting is necessary, kissing during the rest is not. I don't want to break any Witch rules.

Paul was kind of quiet after that and he seemed to have this funny, scrunched-up look on his face, so I decided to distract him with some conversation. So I said, "We're incredibly rich, Paul." And Paul said, "We are?" And I said, "No amount of money could buy a day like today." And Paul said, "That's true. I don't think it's possible to buy magical teleportation services on the free market, at least not yet."

That's pretty much all there is to tell. We are going back to the car now. I figure we will get teleported home soon.

Liz
I wish I cd teleport. That wd B so much cuber than taking the bus 2 school and back.

Apes

7 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April and friends, Howard asked me to let you know that he won't be able to post today because he's visiting with an old friend who lives in Alaska. They only get to see each other once every three years or so, and Mr. Benis encouraged Howard to see this old pal to help take his mind off the trial.

    Marjee

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, Jeremy is at my house studying today. He's still behind in everything, so like a good cowgirl I'm helping him corrall those "cows" (assignments) and "lasso them" (get them done). With all the work he needs to catch up on, I doubt he'll get a chance to post today.

    Eva

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    hey, peeps, ger is @ my house an' we're working on h'work 2gether. mom insists we sit in the kitchen where she can keep an eye on us!

    apes

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, April, I'm Paul's partner at the OPP detachment in Otter County. It was he darndest thing yesterday, we had just picked up our coffee and donuts at Tim Horton's and we were walking to our squad car when he just VANISHED! I was about to file a police report when he called me on the car phone to let me know about the teleporting. If I hadn't seen him just disappear like that, I'd never have believed it! He told me to check here at your blog this morning for a more detailed explanation. Fortunately, I was able to cover for him with our boss.

    PWP

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Attic Guy hide in attic again! Mommy act like robot!

    Merrie

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I forgot to say, Howard didn't go to Alaska to visit with his friend, his friend is staying at a hotel in Toronto, and Howard went out there to spend the day with him.

    Marjee

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    hey, guess what peeps? liz just reappeared! omg, and ger nearly peed his pants when she did, cuz he was totally concentr8ing on sum math problems when she just **poof** showed up in the kitchen, just like that. she sed teleporting was more tiring than u mite think, so she went 2 the guestroom 2 lie down b4 getting 2 the grading an' lesson planz.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home