April's Real Blog

Friday, March 02, 2007

Mike wants 2 H8 the house

Mike has sum more 2 tell abt lying in [MY] bed w/Dee discussing the idea of buying the Stibbs house:
April,

Little sis. When you are a married man, you grow accustomed to those little signals your wife gives you that allows you to communicate nonverbally. For example, when my wife Deanna really wants something, she touches me. And I don’t mean the naughty touching you are thinking about. I mean, little touches on the arm, or on the shoulder, or she will hug me from behind. Those are the sort of touches you take for granted during your courtship years, but once you are married you find they magically disappear until the moment comes when your wife is trying to persuade you of something. Of course, by then most husbands have gone so crazy from the lack of physical contact they would do almost anything for their wife. Those men however, do not know what I know, which is, postpone giving your wife what she wants for as long as possible. That way she will keep on touching you.

For example, after dad unloaded the bombshell that he would help us buy a house, Deanna and I were lying awake in bed staring at that thing you have on the ceiling which says, “ANGRA MAINYU was here!!”, when I said to Deanna, “I ‘ve just quit my job, Deanna. We can’t buy a house now!” Deanna had her arms around her pillow, their usual place, and said, “We have your advance, our savings---and my job is secure.”

We’ve been through this argument several times before. Once we pay taxes on my advance, there might be $15,000 left and our savings amounts to $20,000. A total of $35,000. That’s not enough for closing costs and a 10% down payment on a house in Milborough, where the minimum house price is somewhere around $400,000. There are less expensive houses in the suburbs of Toronto, but Deanna refuses to live there, so that only leaves the option of renting, which does not require a substantial downpayment, and then trying to save up more money to afford the place Deanna wants. Although my father offered to help us with the mortgage, I know dad well enough from his financial dealings with Gordon Mayes and Lawrence Poirier, any money he gave us for a down payment would come at a heavy price. I only borrowed $1000 from mom for 3 months back in 2003, and I paid a heavy price in public humiliation from that.

Deanna persisted though and said, “We can’t live with your parents and keep looking at apartments!—A house is a good investment!” Then she let go of the pillow and she touched my arm. The electric thrill of a feminine touch jolted through me. When had I last felt it? When I got my advance? When I quit my job? I wasn’t sure, but I could feel myself weaken. The obvious answer to Deanna’s argument was, “If you would just pick an apartment, we could move out from my parents.” But instead I said, “It’s such…a risk!” Deanna must have felt I had conceded because she removed her hand. I had to counter with an argument to let her know she hadn’t won just yet.

I said, “We don’t know what Mr. Stibbs will be asking. We haven’t even been inside! How do we know if that house is right for us?...Besides---it’s on 3 lots! We’d be paying a fortune just for the property.” That was so much talking, I could almost see my words in front of me. It had the desired effect. Deanna put her hand on my shoulder and said, “We could sell some of it!---At least, let’s check it out!” I had to hold back something. I couldn’t say, “Alright. We’ll buy and sell the land.” That would give her immediate victory and she would withdraw once again.

I said, “Fine., We’ll check it out.” That gave her a glimmer of hope for the future, and at the same time, allowed me the possibility of refusal. I turned over in bed facing away from Deanna. I couldn’t let her see the nervous look on my face. Was she going to stop touching me? But she didn’t stop touching me. She put her arm around me. Success! I might get snuggled all night long! I thought to myself, “I hope we hate the place!” The more I hated it, the more touches I was going to get. However, I am sure Deanna was thinking, “I hope we love it!!” so she could stop having to touch me.

Remember, little sis, after you get married to Gerald, withholding your touch can influence your man to give you what you want, but you may have to pay the price with a long and protracted argument as Gerald tries to get as much touching out of you as possible.

Love,
Michael Patterson
Mike, that is so, so sad abt yr desperation 4 touch. But no sympathy 4 yr stubborn attitude abt the house. How 'bout U try having an open mind when U go C it, eh?

Apes

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, needta slap duncan anderson. all day long. “my gf iz zenia parkinson, the picton peeler. she's a frosh @ mackenzie bowell university. shes invited me 2 spend the weekend w/ her @ mackenzie bowell university. im leaving friday rite aft skool.” i sed, “ur gf iz a stripper.” duncan sed, “so? u can’t just live w/ur ‘rents & keep lookin’ @girls frum a distance, dude. ---a stripper iz a good investment.” i sed, “it’s such a risk. u don’t wut zenia will be askin’ u2 do! or wut kinda diseases she haz inside! how do u know she’s the rite gf 4u? ‘sides, she’z ovah @ mackenzie bowell university. u’ll pay a 4tune just 2 visit her.” duncan sed, “just cuz zenia sells her body 4 peeps 2 look @, duzn’t mean i shudn’t check it out.” i sed, “fine, check it out then.” then i thot, “duncan’s gonna h8 it.”, but i am pretty sure duncan didn’t have the same thot.

    zapata henderson witnessed the convo & sed, “nice try, jeremy, but if u rilly wunted zenia, u wud try d8ing zenobia or zandra. zenia takes a special pleasure in takin’ men frum them, particularly zandra. zandra mite b reddy 4 a rebound man. i wud try her.” i sed, “thass not wut i wuz tryin’ 2 do. i haven’t had a gf in awhile & it’s been pretty nice.” zapata sed, “liar. u need a gf bad. i can c it on ur face. zenia mite b innerested in u aftah she haz had her way w/duncan & used him up.” i sed, “wut do u mean?”

    zapata sed, “zenia is a soul-sucking succubus. she drains men’s souls.” i sed, “i thought that wuz just an expression.” 4 sum reasn, eva abuya over heard this & jumped in on the convo. she sed, “duncan iz gonna spend the weekend with a succubus?” i sed, “i think it’s just an expression.” zapata sed, “men who r w/zenia r nevah the same again.” eva sed, “mebbe i shud mount a rescue operation and put 2gethah a posse. who do i know who knows handle to handle a succubus?” i sed, “i think zapata meant zenia wuz just kinda like a ‘mean girl’.” eva sed, “ssshh! i’m on the fone w/my dad.”

    then she sed, “dad! succubus! who do we know w/experience w/a succubus? satana? i thot she wuz a villainess. dr. strange sez she gud now she iz part of witches 3? do u think she cud come ovah & check out if a girl is a succubus or not?” then she turned 2 me & zapata & sed, “no luck gettin’ satana, but dad sez he haz an old succubus detector we can use.”

    i sed, “succubus detector? ru makin’ that up?” eva sed, “no. u & i will go 2 mackenzie bowell & rescue duncan.” i sed, “wut? no! i am not gonna rescue duncan anderson frum sum girl he duzn’t wanna b rescued frum.” eva sed, “u wunt duncan’s soul 2b sucked away?” i sed, “i don’t think zenia iz an actual succubus. it’s just an xxpression.” zapata sed, “no. duncan anderson will b a soulless body by the end of the weekend.” i sed, “ur not helpin’. ‘sides how wud u b able 2 tell if a soulless duncan vs. the regular duncan?” eva sed, “will u help, zapata?” zapata sed, “if u got 3 women who had been wronged by zenia 2gethah 2 confront her, i wud be in.” eva sed, “i’ll do it!” then she & zapata walked off.

    april, if zenia parkinson haz every done nethin’ 2u, u prolly wanna keep that a secret frum eva.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jeremy, April, this Zenia person has been calling me and leaving me X-rated voicemails. And naughty pics by e-mail. Tempting, but something tells me she's dangerous!

    Warren

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    i'm pretty sure zenia's been calling ger 2. he got sum kinda txt that made him blush like crayzee, an' rite b4 he deleted it, i looked an' noticed it was signed "zenia xoxox."

    apes

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Posse, posse!

    Eva

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    Becky and I are up in Mtigwaki in the custody of Constable Paul Wright at the Spruce Narrows jail. Actually, I am in the jail and Becky is here with me. Now my lawyer, Mr. Benis, is supposed to file the paperwork for my appeal and will try to set a bail hearing while I am in Spruce Narrows, safe from the Johnston Institute for Better Learning.

    I know you have met Constable Wright before, but it was first time for me and Becky, and we are both pretty much of the same opinion, i.e. the guy is fine-looking and especially in a tight-fitting Ontario Provincial Police uniform. After meeting him, Becky told me if she were your sister, she would have never left Mtigwaki. Or as Becky so crudely phrased it, if she were your sister, she would never have left her bedroom in Mtigwaki. Paul’s girlfriend, Susan Dokis, came down to Spruce Narrows to meet us, considering the unusual circumstances of my going into custody, after a prison break from the Milborough Prison where I was incarcerated after being found guilty of sexually assaulting your sister. I think she was a little taken aback to learn Becky and I were engaged, considering Becky is underage and I am gay. Among the First Nations people, it is not unusual for an underage girl to be engaged, but apparently it never happens with gay men. I told it was unusual in the South too, but not in Milborough, where the life span of a gay man is considerably longer than a straight man.

    While were talking, Becky pointed out your family’s monthly letters came out and so we decided to read your sister’s letter together to see what she said about us. This is what I remember us saying:

    Paul: It looks like Elizabeth is going to find a new place to live again over March break. She’s constantly moving. Mississauga in July, her parents’ house in September and another place in March. I am really glad I didn’t move to Toronto after her. The constant moving would have driven me crazy.
    Susan: And she never enjoy any place where she is. You and I have done more things together in the last two months, than you did with Elizabeth over a year.
    Becky: You aren’t talking about sex are you?
    Susan: I am talking about skating, riding on snow machines, cross-country skiing, making snowmen, boat trips around Lake Nipigon, Bingo nights. Of course there is sex too. Paul tells me he and Elizabeth were celibate. Other people in Mtigwaki have told me the same thing.
    Becky: With Liz, that’s for sure. “Sex is only for making babies after you are married.” It’s practically a Patterson family motto.
    Me: What other people told you the same thing? How would they know?
    Paul: Elizabeth never pulled the window shades on her apartment. Anyone in Mtigwaki who was curious about our sleeping arrangement when I went to visit could see it easily.
    Becky: She’s the same way in her parents’ house. April says she never closes the door to her room, but she will complain you are invading her privacy if you look in. She’s like an exhibitionist with nothing to see.
    Paul: In this part of her letter she’s talking about her place in Mtigwaki and getting nostalgic for what she used to have up here.
    Susan: Too late for second thoughts now. Suds is mine. She better not be calling up here to try to get her job back.
    Paul: No. It says she wants a home near her family, but not too near. Did she ever do those things with her family she talked about, like visiting her grandfather, or spending time with her sister, or helping her brother with his sick nephew?
    Me: She visited her grandfather once after his stroke, when he was back at home from the hospital. I don’t she’s done any of the other things.
    Becky: April told me all she does is go to school to teach, come home, grade papers, and then she hides in her room. She doesn’t visit with her family and she doesn’t have any friends. You can see in her letter, she says being around her niece and nephew makes her grouchy.
    Susan: Like we told you, Paul. She just went back to chase after that man, her ex-boyfriend who got divorced. Has she spent time with him?
    Becky: I saw her with him every day of the trial she was there. And the pre-trial stuff, and she saw him when she bought her car.
    Susan: You see?
    Paul: I believe you. There’s just a part of me which wished Elizabeth has just told me the truth when she was moving back. It would have saved her and me a lot of trouble.
    Me: Here’s the part in the letter where she is talking how Warren Blackwood was right to dump her in the middle of what should have been obvious. I guess she is talking about you two.
    Becky: Hey, Paul. It says here she made you up! Everything she thought would happen with you was a fantasy! She is whacked. You don’t look imaginary to me.
    Susan: I sometimes imagine things about Suds.
    Me: I think she means she had an idea that Constable Wright was the type of man who would do whatever she wanted him to do, without respect to the timing or difficulty of it.
    Becky: “The First Nations Ken doll. He will move when you want him and where you want him and never ask a question.” The perfect man for Barbie Liz.
    Susan: The only thing she has right is where she says, “Susan is right for him.”
    Paul: She says she doesn’t hate us anymore too. That’s good.
    Becky: Now look at this part, Howie. She says you gave her insomnia, anxiety and a level of alertness in public. That’s a load of crap!
    Paul: I don’t remember seeing that when we were dating. Just how bad was this attack of yours?
    Becky: All Howie did was pull on her shirt, and then he had to pretend skinny, old, Anthony Caine could knock him down and beat him up.
    Me: I remember Anthony Caine was on top of me, twisting my ear and telling me to say I was sorry. It was such a stupid way to attack someone, I was sure he had given it away, but Elizabeth seemed to believe Anthony was actually successfully defending her from a man who was twice as big as he was.
    Paul: What about the other charges from the other two women? Elizabeth told me her actions in pressing charges inspired others.
    Me: One of them was my cousin Kayla, who refused to testify against me. The other one was so insubstantial; she never appeared in court that I saw.
    Paul: And you got 2 years less a day for that?
    Becky: It was a crime against a Patterson. Howie was lucky to only get that. But Jelly Fatterson thought he should have gotten a longer sentence and a short drop hanging, which is why we are here.
    Susan: Jelly Fatterson?
    Me: Elly Patterson. That’s Becky’s nickname for Elizabeth’s mom.
    Susan: Oh, like native humour. When we call Ed his name “Mooner” because he has pants that go down too low. Do you like native humour, Becky?
    Becky: I do now. I never knew when I was calling her Jelly Fatterson, it was native humour.
    Susan: What is this part where she is talking about someone who was seriously wounded. Did they accuse you of injuring someone, Mr. Bunt?
    Becky: No charges against my Howie for injury.
    Susan: When it says “You know what I mean”, then she is not talking about physical injury but she is using wounded to mean… Well, that’s a surprise. I didn’t know Elizabeth’s opinion of women was like that.”
    Becky: When it comes to a woman’s place in the world, Elizabeth is really messed up.
    Me: I am so glad Becky is going to be a majour pop music star and the breadwinner of the family.
    Becky: And Howie will cook and clean. He’s a really good cook.
    Susan: Paul is the cleaner in our family. That’s why I call him Suds.
    Becky: It’s not because he is a beer drinker.
    Susan: He does drink beer, but he is very clean.
    Me: I really admire a clean man.
    Becky: Down, Howie. Down.

    And that’s what I remember. I will try to write some more later.

    Howard Bunt

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    howard, it soundz like susan an' paul r v. well suited 2 ea other. hope u can get help up there!

    apes

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    OMG, OMG, OMG!

    Zenias gig @ Gordos Grotto was cancelled 2nite cos of the storm. Her roomie went home 4 the weekend, so we have got her room in Picton Hall 2 rselves. Zenia has promised 2 show me the venus butterfly 2nite. I nevah saw that on ne of her youtube clips.

    Im glad Zed dumped me its the best thing that evah happened 2 me. Now my gf is a natural Z-girl.

    L8r. Zenias liting the incense.

    MCDunC the Most Studly

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Zenia's got a bootleg of Rebeccah singing Purple Lips. She pole dances 2 it. Zenias the best dancer I evah saw.

    L8r.

    No way. 2morrow.

    MCDunC

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger howard said…

    April,

    I'll spending the night in the Spruce Narrows jail and Constable Paul Wright is staying here to work the night shift. Constable Wright's girlfriend, Susan Dokis, took Becky to spend the night over at her place, so Becky may post to you herself and tell you if anything interesting happens up in Mtigwaki. I expect it will be a dull night here in the jail.

    Howard Bunt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home