April's Real Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I try a Patterson over-the-shoulder parting shot

I was walking w/Ger in2 the school recently, and we were complaining abt our homework load, as kids our age do. I channeled Keanu and Everett yet again w/a "Whoa!" And then sed, "If we're going crazy w/work now, what's it gonna B like when we get in2 university?!!" Um.... I'm not sure." Then he did that thing ppl always seem 2 do around here. He was perfectly quiet 4 the amt of time it took 4 us 2 get from the walkway in front of the school 2 the stairs, up the stairs, and in2 the school, B4 he continued w/"I don't think I'm gonna go." It's a gd thing that I hadn't 4gotten we were talking abt university. I was like, "U're kidding!"

He silently went 2 his locker, opened it, took his backpack off of his shoulder, and then sed, "Becky's asked me 2 tour w/her band this summer. It's an opportunity I don't wanna miss!" I went, "But... yr marks R so gd!" Ger sed, "It's not all abt school, April. It's abt following yr dreams--an' I'm gonna follow my dreams! ...An U?" 4 sum reason, the way he posed his question 2 me gave me the irresistible urge 2 do one of those Patterson over-the-shoulder parting shots that Patterson women R genetically predisposed 2. As Gerald literally shrank from being quite a bit taller than me 2 being like my height, I closed my eyes smugly while walking away, and over my shoulder, I spat, "I don't want 2 follow, Gerald... I want 2 LEAD!"

Then, since I wasn't looking where I was going, I bumped rite in2 Mrs. DeLong, who teaches Canadian history, and since she's a whole lot heftier and sturdier than I M, I fell flat on my back. When I came 2 in the nurse's office, I realized that I'd 4gotten 2 ask Ger Y touring w/Becky over the summer wd prevent him from going 2 university when we gradu8. Next year. As in, we finish grade 12 in June of 2009 and begin uni in the fall of 2009. Is sum1 trying 2 retcon us in2 being grade 12-ers now?

Apes

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said…

    Based on the fact that they had you acting like seniors, I'd say that someone was trying to tack a year onto your age. That someone also forgot that we need to know if guys named Gerald think that they can parlay a two-month tryout into a permanent gig, they have to say so. In short, Herself from Corbeil is at it again.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, that does sound like the work of "she who must not b named" up in corbeil. things alwayz stop making sense when she is up 2 her tricks!

    apes

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Hey, Apes,

    I went online b4 work this am 2 register 4 my Grade 12 courses, but according 2 the Mboro District Skool Board, Im finished all my courses & ready 2 gradu8. Graduation @ RP Boire has also been moved ahead from October 2 June. Mayb Ill come back 4 a combo grad/birthday partee!

    Yes!!! Yes!!! MCDunC can do gigs all summer!

    Yr best bud & hi skool grad,
    MCDunC the Studly

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    omg, dunc, that's whacked, but wow, cube 4 u!

    apes

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Duncan, your silhouette is trying to convince the school he ought to have all the credits you do, because of being your silhouette. I doubt that will work, especially since he's shown up at the superintendent's house on a Saturday.

    Eva

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    Oh man oh man oh man,

    Silhouette d00d, go chill @ Horny Ts till exams r finished in June. No1 is going 2 notice if ur not in class. If u want, u can b my roadie this summer. Just dont eff this up 4 me.

    MCDunC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home