April's Real Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dunc channels.... my dad?

As U mighta guessed, on that day when we were discussing our plans of the future (or lack of plans), Eva had 2 have her turn after Dunc and I had had ours. So, while we walked back 2 the school bldg from the bleachers, I dutifully asked her, "What abt U, Eva?" And Eva decided 2 do the whole "Whoa" thing, too, and went, "Whoa. Future career. That's tuff. I can't give up singing. I'm not planning 2 B a professional singer... but I HAFTA sing! So I guess I'll take, like, general arts an' C where I go from there." I sed, "Yeah... U gotta start sumwhere." Then Duncan was all, "An' who knows! We cd all end up doing sumthing completely different from NEthing we ever imagined!" Then 4 no reason, Eva and I traded places (I had been 2 Dunc's left, w/Eva 2 his rite). And then Dunc sed, "Exciting, hum?" He actually sed "HUM." Just like my DAD does. Y doesn't he just say "Eh"? We R Canadians, after all! NEway, Eva and I got these terrified-gobsmacked looks on our faces and Eva went, "Yeah." And I was like, "Totally."

Apes

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger duncan anderson said…

    OMG. I sed "hum." I actually sed "hum." Who the eff evah says "hum"? Must b sum weird Corbeil dialect. Now the witch is aftah me, 2.

    Enuf is enuf. Im going back 2 bed. Mayb Ill get up l8r, mayb I wont.

    Yr best special needs bud,
    Duncan Anderson

    p.s. CW, thx 4 the loan. Plz call me when Arne sobers up.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, none of us were making ne sense, dunc. it was like sum demented 60yo witch of corbeil's idea of what 17yo's and almost-17yo's sound like when they talk 2 ea other.

    apes

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Duncan,

    If you really think you might be special needs, I can help you get evaluated. RP Boire has a great program for special needs!

    April, I hope that tomorrow or Saturday you tell everyone about how when you got into the school, I told you about my plans for the future and how lucky you are to have the options that you do. I think I was very comforting!

    Love,

    Shannon Lake

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    hey, shannon, let's keep every1 in suspense 4 a while, eh?

    apes

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sure, April! If the nicest girl in Milborough wants to keep her blog readers in suspense, then we will!

    Love,

    Shannon Lake

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, duncan sed "hum." thass a bad sign, cuz u know…well, i gotta talk ‘bout it evn tho we agreed we wudn’t.

    u know the time wen i sed “hum” & u went “omg. thass just like my dad duz.” & then u started kissin’ me like a lot, till u sed, “omg. i’m kissin’ cuz u sounded like my dad. that’s like sumthin’ liz duz 2 anthony. omg” & we both felt kinda sick nside.

    then u sed we shud nevah mention this again. & i haven’t till now. & then u thot we needed 2 sumthin’ like ur dad wud nevah do & thass wen we…um…ok…i’m not gonna write that up in ur blog.

    neway april, now duncan is talkin’ like ur dad. i’m wonderin’ if it’s sum kinda airborne disease. if it’s the corbeil witch, then i gotta ask---did eva like attack duncan right aftah he did that?

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    "kinda sick"? if that's how u describe it when i puke my guts out, yeah, i felt "kinda sick" when that happened.

    actually, eva tried 2 do a pun. she thot that wd impress dunc, i guess. when he sed, "hum?" she sed, "what tune wd u like me 2 hum?" then she laffed w/her tung stickin' out. and dunc sed, "u r scaring me, crazee, get away!" then she cried a lil bit.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home