April's Real Blog

Friday, April 25, 2008

Promising

After Dunc, Eva, and I got back in2 the bldg after our not-deep talk on the bleachers and on the way back, I found Ger in the hallway, @ his locker. I sed, "Hey, Gerald... How's it going?" He was all, "OK." I sed, "R U still talking 2 me?" He was like, "Sure. Y not." Then I sed, "I was talking 2 Eva an' Duncan... An' we were saying that no matter what, ....No matter where we go, the 4 of us hafta stay friends. Alwayz." And Ger was all, "I'm cool w/that! ..U wanna keep in touch w/ME, April?" Which was kinda weird, cuz I thot that was what I'd just finished saying, but just in case Ger sumhow didn't understand, I was like, "Well, YEAH!" Then I sed, "Welll keep in touch w/Luis an' Becky and, sumday when there's a class reunion, an' we're all gray-haired an' OLD, we'll remember this day an' this promise--OK?!" And Ger sed, "Yeah! OK!!" Then we walked down the hall, him w/his arm resting on top of my rite shoulder, and me w/my hand on his back. And Ger sed, "But that day is SO far off... it's hard 2 even IMAGINE!" As he sed that, a portly old, balding male teacher walked by, and I guess that was supposta B sum kind of irony. I h8 when things happen just 4 that reason.

And as I write this, I realize that we made this big promise that "the 4 of us hafta stay friends" but we'll only "keep in touch w/Luis an' Becky." Y can't the SIX of us all B friends an' all? Hmm. And Y, Y, Y have we been talking like we're in grade 12, all farewellish.

Apes

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said…

    About the "Luis and Becky" issue? She from Corbeil hasn't decided his destiny yet and she still resents Becky for living a life she won't let herself (or you) envy. I already mentioned how she's trying to add a year on your age so that's why you have to talk like Grad day is around the corner. I just wish Liz wasn't going to be stampeded into marrying Awfulny when it's supposed to be about you for a change.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    yeah, i wonder if we r all gonna b talking abt liz and anthony next wk. i m kinda anxious 2 not b talking abt me and my friends nemore by then. it's been like sum1 cast a spell on us all, making us feel we r all leaving 4 parts unknown, like, 2morrow.

    apes

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    I know you are still the nicest girl in Milborough (I voted for you); but I wish you put me on your “keep-in-touch” list. I think I should be on that list before Becky. Is it because I will probably not graduate from Toward Independent Living certificate until I am 21, so I won’t be in your graduating class? Is it because special needs kids don’t live as long as regular kids, so I will probably die before I get gray-haired? Is it because you can only be friends with people who have been in your band?

    I wish you put me on your list. I would put you on mine.

    Love,
    Shannon Lake

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april, every old, balding teach in the skool haz been tellin’ me u have broke up w/me & that includes mrs. alopecia. iz there sumthin’ u wanna tell me?

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April,

    Formerly little sis. Are you seriously going to wait until a class reunion and Gerald and you are gray-haired to make your play for him? I certainly cannot recommend that course of action. Liz waited until she was done with her little adventure up north before she made a play for Anthony Caine, and look what happened to him in the interim with that awful Quebecois woman? I reconnected with my lovely wife, Deanna, in university, only waiting long enough for her to break her engagement, so I could freely pursue her. I recommend you shorten the delay, and then you can be as happy as Deanna and I are together.

    Love,
    Michael Patterson

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    jeremy, no, that teacher is a liar. i m not broken up w/u.

    mike, i will NOT end up w/ger, so stop not believing me whenev i tell u that!

    oh, y do i even bother? mike only takes all this as, "mike, blah blah blah, blah blah blah!"

    apes

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger April Patterson said…

    oh, and shannon: u r on my personal "keep in touch" list. i was only talking abt the "collective" list that dunc, eva, and i came up w/2gether. sorry, they say they don't know u v. well and r not "in touch" w/u now.

    apes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home